Don't you hate...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

... when you record a loud, long, and angry conversation between two characters, followed by this line: "Neither of them spoke loud, for dread of neighbours."

Sigh. Starting again, quietly but still angrily...
carteki

Post by carteki »

When you're working on preparing a project (think DR type) only to find that it's not public domain for the others working with you ...
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

carteki wrote:When you're working on preparing a project (think DR type) only to find that it's not public domain for the others working with you ...
I think you'd hate it more if you'd been the one responsible for taking on a project without noticing that an author who had published a work in 1905 while the bloom of youth was still on his cheek had gone on to die a nonagenarian. :oops:

Best,

Barbara
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

im sure this happened to all of us, i know it happened to me :roll:

youd think that the rules in europe are pretty straight forward with a death date determining everything, but there are still countless things that can go wrong. :)
Carolin
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

one of my neighbours' dogs ... yarp, yarp .... yarp .... yarp, yarp, yarp ... yarp ... yarp ... yarp ... yarp, yarp .... and on, and on ....

I'll read the poem another night.
Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
Johndec

Post by Johndec »

When you forget you've left Youtube open and running on one of your other tabs and an advert suddenly blares out at full volume through your headphones... I aged about 10 years in one second... :hmm:
jpercival

Post by jpercival »

When it’s your birthday and all you want to do is record but you have 4 days of your family taking up your time to ‘celebrate’? The curse of an introvert. Go away and let me be by myseeeelf!!!
carteki

Post by carteki »

A thunderstorm sets off a neighbourhood car alarm which goes on forever...

edited to add: Alarm FINALLY stopped 12 hours later at 7am. I hope they have a flat battery on Monday morning :twisted:
RepublicOfVermont
Location: δtsopiaV0175 (ψ-accessible only), μultiverse ΚΣΔ π^-.9

Post by RepublicOfVermont »

Re: Don't you hate...[?]
No.
WHITE PHOSPHORUS was dropped on Palestine tonight.
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

Peter Why wrote:one of my neighbours' dogs ... yarp, yarp .... yarp .... yarp, yarp, yarp ... yarp ... yarp ... yarp ... yarp, yarp .... and on, and on ....

I'll read the poem another night.
Peter
When I have been recording in the past my Lurcher (spread out on the couch), will occasionally let out a deep groan, as if to say "why don't you get it right, for heavens sake!"

These days I record in a separate room, but then I get my wife flushing the loo, or the birds outside start making a din ... It's a hard life.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

When you find a book you want to BC, scant hours before the LV update.
jpercival

Post by jpercival »

When you have been fighting with Audacity for 2 weeks only to find out it was basically a PEBKAC error due to your computer thinking you reconnected speakers you got rid of years ago? *sigh*
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

When you've completed your section with few srumbles (less editing :D ) and then discover that just four minutes into the recording your Audacity stopped recording for some reason. :roll:
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
david wales

Post by david wales »

When one of your dogs, who is a VERY enthusiastic tail wagger, starts in (for no reason, bless her little pea-pickin heart) right next to one of the kitchen cabinets. Sounds like not-so-far-off thunder or something else more ominous... Or the other dog, who is a most happy dachshund, shakes her head enthusiastically, again for no discernible reason. Those floppy ears are really loud and you can't noise clean them away. Sigh...
Peace, David
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

My inner dialogue while browsing the LV forum tonight:

"Ooh, look! Todd launched that piratey play he's been talking about! Ohh, and most of the parts are still open! Betsy sings that song in it. I can sing. I can totally play her! I'll go ahead and claim! Now, now, wait. You just got finished telling Beth that you have too many projects going as it is and you aren't ready for a major part right now. Back away from the pirate play! Don't forget about your solo, plus The Heavenly Twins that you like so much. You're getting ready to start another George MacDonald project, even though you're not finished with the current one, and there are at least two novels that recently showed up in Book Suggestions that you're thinking about. Control yourself....... I said, BACK AWAY FROM THE PIRATE PLAY!"