COMPLETE[PLAY]The Cabinet Minister by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I've taken greater care to make sure I got all the lines in this one. I will get the other Acts edited directly.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_stagedirections_2.mp3
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: February 14th, 2018, 9:33 amI've taken greater care to make sure I got all the lines in this one. I will get the other Acts edited directly.
excellent Larry, thank you so much. Now this was really a feat. In Pinero's plays the narrator has more lines to say than the main character it seems. :lol: I love your conveying the appropriate mood each time, my favourite here was dignity with which you were saying "Earl of Drumdurris with dignity" :thumbs:

There are a couple of notes still, but on the whole you didn't miss much. Wonderful job.

> at 0:05: standard LV intro is missing: Act 2 of The Cabinet Minister, by Arthur Wing Pinero. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

> at about 0:42: missing line: "Dowager, in a flutter"

> at 10:00: Kneeling, he opens the box - you say "she" but he should open the box

Thank you again. Can't wait to hear this play assembled. :9:

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kitty wrote: February 14th, 2018, 10:05 am
silverquill wrote: February 14th, 2018, 9:33 amI've taken greater care to make sure I got all the lines in this one. I will get the other Acts edited directly.
excellent Larry, thank you so much. Now this was really a feat. In Pinero's plays the narrator has more lines to say than the main character it seems. :lol: I love your conveying the appropriate mood each time, my favourite here was dignity with which you were saying "Earl of Drumdurris with dignity" :thumbs:

There are a couple of notes still, but on the whole you didn't miss much. Wonderful job.

> at 0:05: standard LV intro is missing: Act 2 of The Cabinet Minister, by Arthur Wing Pinero. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.

> at about 0:42: missing line: "Dowager, in a flutter"

> at 10:00: Kneeling, he opens the box - you say "she" but he should open the box

Thank you again. Can't wait to hear this play assembled. :9:

Sonia
Ah, okay on the intro. I'll and that. I tried to go back and get all those missing pieces inserted, but obviously I missed one. I had a problem with Mr Lebanon. Every time I read it as MRS. So I missed the pronoun. We'll have this done soon. For now, off to work.
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: February 14th, 2018, 11:04 amI had a problem with Mr Lebanon. Every time I read it as MRS.
Chris will be pleased to hear that :mrgreen: It's probably those silk neckerchiefs and overdoing on the perfume... :lol:

And you're in good company, we ALL have a problem with Mr Lebanon. (apart from Mrs Gaylustre, for obvious reasons)

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

It sounds as though these ignorant wee Sassenachs are casting aspersions on Joe Lebanon’s kilt.

Question: “What is worn under the kilt?”

Answer: “Nothing is worn; it’s all in perfect working order.”

“We ALL have a problem with Mr Lebanon. (apart from Mrs Gaylustre, for obvious reasons)”

I wasn’t particularly close to my Sis’s late husband before he died… which was lucky, because he trod on a land mine.

Joe Lebanon
38th Mounted Cashregisters
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: February 14th, 2018, 12:08 pm It sounds as though these ignorant wee Sassenachs are casting aspersions on Joe Lebanon’s kilt.
Question: “What is worn under the kilt?”
Answer: “Nothing is worn; it’s all in perfect working order.”
:shock: I completely forgot about the kilt ! Now how can I get this picture out of my head again before I fall asleep tonight ? :help:

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

The Dowager is in a flutter :shock:
Here are the Stage Directions for Act II of the Cabinet Maker, uh, or is it the Cabinet Master. I forget now, but here you go: 8-)

I've added the intro, and the two corrections for Spot PL are at about 1:01 and 10:23

I was starting on Act III last night when my computer crashed. Seriously need an upgrade in operating capacity, or maybe Windows just can't handle.

Anyway, I'll jump back and pick up Act I revisions before moving on.
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: February 16th, 2018, 9:12 am Here are the Stage Directions for Act II of the Cabinet Maker, uh, or is it the Cabinet Master. I forget now, but here you go: 8-)
:lol: priceless !

Act 2 Stage Directions are now perfectly PL ok. Thank you also for the new time stamps. :9:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: February 16th, 2018, 9:36 am
silverquill wrote: February 16th, 2018, 9:12 am Here are the Stage Directions for Act II of the Cabinet Maker, uh, or is it the Cabinet Master. I forget now, but here you go: 8-)
:lol: priceless !

Act 2 Stage Directions are now perfectly PL ok. Thank you also for the new time stamps. :9:

Sonia
And so I have just completed assembling Act 2 (except for our missing MacPhails, not yet submitted). I haven't listened to it all - I only listen to the ends and beginnings of the lines as I assemble the pieces - but your voices are wonderful together on this. Terrific job!

Thanks, Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Okay, I think I'v added all of the missing elements to the stage directions in Act I

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_stagedirections_1.mp3

Here are your PL Notes, Sonia, with NEW time stamps to help, I hope.

======

> at about 4:29:
"Valentine White, mimicking Brooke"
"Valentine White, in horror"

> at about 5:15: "Lady Euphemia Vibart, indifferently"

> at about 6:22: "Lady Euphemia Vibart, reproachfully"

> at about 9:06: "Imogen, with dignity"

> at 9:45: "Mrs Gaylustre, to Lady Twombley, with a little sob" - you forgot to mention "with a little sob"

> at about 9:58: "Sir Julian Twombley, mournfully"

> at about 13:24: "Macphail, sadly"

> at about 14:06 "Sir Julian in evening dress, enters with a letter in his hand"

> at 15:32: "Mrs Gaylustre, producing Lady Twombley's letter to Brooke" - you forgot to say "Mrs Gaylustre"

> at 16:03: "Sir Julian Twombley, to Lady Twombley, reproachfully" - you omitted "reproachfully"
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: February 18th, 2018, 2:43 pm Okay, I think I'v added all of the missing elements to the stage directions in Act I
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_stagedirections_1.mp3
Here are your PL Notes, Sonia, with NEW time stamps to help, I hope.
thank you so much for these new time stamps Larry ! :9: They save me a great deal of time to find back the place which needs Spot PLing.

Everything is in now and no more errors. Act 1 PL ok. This is especially helpful because now Act 1 can be totally FINALIZED (I'm screaming so that Todd is hearing me from the pirate cabin :mrgreen: )

Thanks !

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kitty wrote: February 18th, 2018, 2:52 pm I'm screaming so that Todd is hearing me from the pirate cabin :mrgreen:

Sonia
Todd, if Killer Kitty still wants a different nickname, I suggest “Sweet Terror”.

Chris
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: February 18th, 2018, 3:52 pm
Kitty wrote: February 18th, 2018, 2:52 pm I'm screaming so that Todd is hearing me from the pirate cabin :mrgreen:

Sonia
Todd, if Killer Kitty still wants a different nickname, I suggest “Sweet Terror”.

Chris
Sassy Sonia 8-)
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:Todd, if Killer Kitty still wants a different nickname, I suggest “Sweet Terror”.
silverquill wrote:Sassy Sonia 8-)
guys, people may start to believe the rumours if you continue like that :help:

Sonia (really very nice, honestly)
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

“Sonia (really very nice, honestly)”

Of course. :D

We only kid her because she’s sweet, and such a good sport.

Chris