[Complete][Portuguese] Cartas de Inglaterra de Eça de Queirós - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
twizzlers

Post by twizzlers »

Hi I would like to claim section 18 please.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

twizzlers wrote: February 12th, 2018, 2:13 pm Hi I would like to claim section 18 please.
hello, we have a new Portuguese reader in our midst :) Welcome to the project. I will sign you up for Section 18, and I hope you have fun. All the important details are in the first post under the magic window. How to say the intro and outro, how to name your file :)

Thank you for joining

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
brianna

Post by brianna »

Sonia,here you are again:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_05_queiros_128kb.mp3

now with the 5 secondsohmygod! and noise reduction.

I noticed that when I open the file after uploaded, the ups and downs are closer and the blessed minutes disappeared.

anyway I will not give up!

thank you,

Brianna
Men work together,whether they work together or apart. (R.Frost)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianna wrote: February 12th, 2018, 2:47 pm now with the 5 secondsohmygod! and noise reduction.
thank you, now it worked again. PL ok now :) Our first section is finished. :clap:
I noticed that when I open the file after uploaded, the ups and downs are closer and the blessed minutes disappeared.
what do you mean, they are closer together ? That is probably due to the way the minutes bar on top is regulated. If you press the magnifier with the + sign, you can enhance the view and see the second and even miliseconds much better. I always put the bar so that I see every second, that way I notice straightaway if one second is missing or not.

Try using the magnifier and check if you still see the 5 seconds in the next recording.

Sonia
twizzlers

Post by twizzlers »

Kitty wrote: February 12th, 2018, 2:44 pm
twizzlers wrote: February 12th, 2018, 2:13 pm Hi I would like to claim section 18 please.
hello, we have a new Portuguese reader in our midst :) Welcome to the project. I will sign you up for Section 18, and I hope you have fun. All the important details are in the first post under the magic window. How to say the intro and outro, how to name your file :)

Thank you for joining

Sonia
Thanks
Mayah92

Post by Mayah92 »

Hi Sonia,

I would like to help with the DPL part in other projects, only I cannot find tips or explanations concerning the job.

Can you please help me with some advice? How to be a good DPL? As I understood we don't have to know the language perfectly to DPL?

Thanks for everything and have a nice day.
Let's give Peace a chance. :wink:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Mayah92 wrote: February 12th, 2018, 4:21 pm I would like to help with the DPL part in other projects
oh that is so great :9: we are always on shortage for DPLs.

As a matter of fact, I wouldn't mind if you could help out in this project :oops: I haven't dared ask any of you yet, but I have 24 DPL projects at the moment, and it is beginning to be a bit much for me. So if you could help me with a section or two, I would be very grateful.
only I cannot find tips or explanations concerning the job.
Can you please help me with some advice? How to be a good DPL?
well here is the official wikipage: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Guide_for_Proof-listeners
And the PL tips and quiz: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=ProofListening_tips_and_quiz

In a nutshell, at least what I do:
1) check the technical settings with Checker
2) check if the intro and outro are correct according to the first post, check if the 5 seconds silence are at the end, check if the filename is correct
3) listen while reading along with the text. This is not officially necessary when it's not word perfect, but I always read along, as I can only be sure nothing is missing, if I see the text
4) when I find an errors, (stumble, or textual error or meaning-change pronunciation error) I stop the recording, note down the time and the sort of error and the sentence or part of the sentence where it occured. You see what I write down, it's the things I post later on ;)
5) when I hear something I like very much, I always note it down as well, this gets incorporated in my "encouraging feedback" speech.

that's all :) sometimes it takes a bit of time to really PL a text. If there are no errors, it's great fun, but if you have to note down errors every few minutes, it can get hard work. Luckily most of the readers I'm listening to are really good :9:
As I understood we don't have to know the language perfectly to DPL?
haha no, I once PLed a text in Kurdish and I no nothing of that language. But I even found a textual error, so I did something right. Well it depends, if the reader is reading well, not mumbled and not too fast I can listen even if I don't know the language. Like here with Portuguese, I know enough to follow along and even undestand most. But if one of you was reading a part the way you probably "blabber" with your best buddy over the phone :mrgreen: I don't think I could listen to it or even follow the text. So I'm very grateful that you all give your best to make the texts enjoyable for me. :D

Did this answer your question ?

I would suggest if you like to try, the next part that comes in here in this project, you can PL and I PL at the same time and then we compare our notes and see how you do :)

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Oh, Sonia, here am I with my part 2 in this second project of us! :D
Well, no need to mention that I've been struggling again with the Audacity. :lol: (we better laugh than crying, even though I feel like having tantrums :( :cry: )

Going to have lunch and, later on, I'll get my number 3 section prepared.

Yes, and I will take a look at how to manage the program you and Maniaqua have kindly suggested to me. Thank you a lot!!!! :9:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_2_queiros_128kb.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 13th, 2018, 8:36 am Oh, Sonia, here am I with my part 2 in this second project of us! :D
great, thank you. I will try to PL it soon. Can you always please tell me the length of the file ? To put in the MW.
Well, no need to mention that I've been struggling again with the Audacity. :lol: (we better laugh than crying, even though I feel like having tantrums :( :cry: )
aw, I hope it can get solved. Always ask before you throw tantrums, maybe there is an easy way out.

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Kitty wrote: February 13th, 2018, 8:45 am Can you always please tell me the length of the file ? To put in the MW.
I'm sorry!!!!!!!! I forgot about that. :oops:
Kitty wrote: February 13th, 2018, 8:45 am aw, I hope it can get solved. Always ask before you throw tantrums, maybe there is an easy way out.
YOU ARE RIGHT AGAIN! :9:

26m51sec
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 13th, 2018, 8:52 am 26m51sec
long chapter ! thank you.

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Kitty wrote: February 13th, 2018, 8:57 am long chapter ! thank you.
You are always welcome, Sonia! :clap: :clap: :clap:
brianna

Post by brianna »

Sonia,
here is section 16 O Brasil e Portugal

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_16_queiros_128kb.mp3 at 27.09

Thank you,

Brianna
Men work together,whether they work together or apart. (R.Frost)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianna wrote: February 13th, 2018, 11:18 am here is section 16 O Brasil e Portugal
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_16_queiros_128kb.mp3 at 27.09
thank you Brianna (have you checked the 5 seconds ? ;) )

I will probably PL later on or tomorrow, but for now I want to do a few of my own recordings, or I never get anything done for myself. You are all too fast for me. (3 against 1 is unfair)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 13th, 2018, 8:36 am Yes, and I will take a look at how to manage the program you and Maniaqua have kindly suggested to me. Thank you a lot!!!! :9:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/cartasdeinglaterra_2_queiros_128kb.mp3
so Adriana, I did finish to listen to your recording which was VERY interesting. The first 15 minutes I thought, the title should be "about seasons" and not "about books" because he mentions all the seasons. :lol: And he is very funny in his writing I think. I had to laugh at the end of this sentence: "Isto ás vezes viaja com a esposa, a cunhada, uma amiga da cunhada, uma conhecida d'esta amiga, sete filhos, seis creados, dez cães, e outros cães conhecidos d'estes cães" :mrgreen:

Perfectly read, excellent job, and I basically understood everything. Well it was an easy topic as well.

Here are a few notes to correct though:

> the volume is again a bit too loud, could you please reduce it by 2 dB. Have you downloaded the ReplayGain already ?

> the initial silence should not exceed too much over 1 second, because that feels a bit long for the listener. We recommend 0.5-1 second, not more. You have 2 full seconds, which is a bit long before it starts

> at 26:13: "todas as tristezas das areias" - I hear "siquezas" ? maybe it's a synonym, then you can let it be, but have another listen maybe, if it changes the meaning

> at 26:38: Fim da seção 2, please say the number of the section, not the title

thank you ! Beautiful reading and not much to correct :thumbs:

Sonia