COMPLETE[PLAY]The Twin-Rivals by George Farquhar - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

kwpapke wrote: February 9th, 2018, 11:25 am Apologies for taking so long to get this going, but I had the dreaded bronchitis for several weeks and sounded a bit like a frog. Here's Richmore, Act 1:
Kurt ! I'm so glad you're better. I was already wondering where you ended up. Scenarios of gila-monster attacks in a canyon were on my mind. :help: I'm glad it was "only" bronchitis.

Will PL soon !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

kwpapke wrote: February 9th, 2018, 11:25 amHere's Richmore, Act 1:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twinrivals_richmore_1.mp3 10:45
ooooohhh he is SO despicable :evil: and you play him SO well. :thumbs: I can imagine both your scenes, one with Tomas and one with me, and they will be great when assembled. I simply knew your voice would be perfect for that character.

Nothing missing, no textual errors, but I would like to make one suggestion, if I may (*puts on director's cap*):

> at 6:30 (p. 23): "And I love Mr Richmore" - this sentence would sound more appropiate if you intonated differently. Mandrake told Richmore "SHE (Clelia) loved Mr Richmore etc..." and to this he quips: "And I (strong emphasis on I) love Mr Richmore, and that is the reason I forgot MINE." It's one of those sentences that show how much of a bastard that Richmore is. :lol:

Looking forward to the other acts :9:

Sonia
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

Kitty wrote: February 9th, 2018, 12:22 pmNothing missing, no textual errors, but I would like to make one suggestion, if I may (*puts on director's cap*):

> at 6:30 (p. 23): "And I love Mr Richmore" - this sentence would sound more appropiate if you intonated differently. Mandrake told Richmore "SHE (Clelia) loved Mr Richmore etc..." and to this he quips: "And I (strong emphasis on I) love Mr Richmore, and that is the reason I forgot MINE." It's one of those sentences that show how much of a bastard that Richmore is. :lol:
Thanks for the constructive feedback, I really appreciate it. I *think* this version fits the context better, let me know if it still needs work:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twinrivals_richmore_1.mp3 10:45

--Kurt
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Thanks for the constructive feedback, I really appreciate it. I *think* this version fits the context better, let me know if it still needs work:
nope, this is excellent, good job ! Act 1 PL ok now.
Here's the other 3 acts for PL:
great job again. I loved your lechering after Aurelia :lol: The eagerness in your voice when you say "Tonight !" is barely top-able. Oh and I had to look up rhodomontadoes, a word I was not familiar with yet. You got it out without twisting your tongue :thumbs: In the end he seems to mend his ways...I wonder how credible that would be in real life :hmm:

Anyway, Acts 2 and 5 are PL ok.

Only one tiny textual error in Act 4:

> at 3:00: (p. 90 bottom) "the injurious blow has set on fire my pride" - you say "my fire"

Great job, Kurt. Thanks for taking this on.

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

I'm going to need a tad bit more time for Aurelia. I finished recording Acts 2-4 and almost finished editing Act 2. But after hearing Kurt's fantastically despicable portrayal of Richmore, methinks I was not bitter/biting enough when I was talking about and to him in Acts 2 & 3. I may have to rerecord a line or two... :evil: But I shouldn't keep you waiting too much longer...

Thanks, as always, for your patience. :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: February 10th, 2018, 3:58 pmI'm going to need a tad bit more time for Aurelia. I finished recording Acts 2-4 and almost finished editing Act 2. But after hearing Kurt's fantastically despicable portrayal of Richmore, methinks I was not bitter/biting enough when I was talking about and to him in Acts 2 & 3. I may have to rerecord a line or two... :evil: But I shouldn't keep you waiting too much longer...
well since we aren't even fully claimed yet, I think we can wait a bit more time for you to hone and sharpen your disgust for Richmore even a little more. :mrgreen: Looking forward to your performance. This is a different thing from Lewson ;) I wonder what Lewson would have done with Richmore. :lol:

Sonia
kwpapke

Post by kwpapke »

Kitty wrote: February 10th, 2018, 7:04 am Only one tiny textual error in Act 4:
> at 3:00: (p. 90 bottom) "the injurious blow has set on fire my pride" - you say "my fire"
Good catch! I think I fixed it, let me know if there's still an issue.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twinrivals_richmore_4.mp3 3:21

--Kurt (The Despicable)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

kwpapke wrote: February 11th, 2018, 9:23 am Good catch! I think I fixed it, let me know if there's still an issue.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twinrivals_richmore_4.mp3 3:21
--Kurt (The Despicable)
:lol: this reminds me of the movie Despicable Me :mrgreen:

Issue perfectly fixed and all of Richmore is PL ok now. :thumbs: Such a great addition.

Thank you (and see you in another play soon 8-) )

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: February 11th, 2018, 3:29 am
benderca wrote: February 10th, 2018, 3:58 pmI'm going to need a tad bit more time for Aurelia. I finished recording Acts 2-4 and almost finished editing Act 2. But after hearing Kurt's fantastically despicable portrayal of Richmore, methinks I was not bitter/biting enough when I was talking about and to him in Acts 2 & 3. I may have to rerecord a line or two... :evil: But I shouldn't keep you waiting too much longer...
well since we aren't even fully claimed yet, I think we can wait a bit more time for you to hone and sharpen your disgust for Richmore even a little more. :mrgreen: Looking forward to your performance. This is a different thing from Lewson ;) I wonder what Lewson would have done with Richmore. :lol:

Sonia
Ha! Aurelia is pretty tough, but clearly not tough enough to save herself from the likes of Richmore (I can just picture how Lewson would say his name, dripping with disgust: "Rich-more, how I loath thee"). Aurelia should have taken some sword fighting lessons from Lewson... :wink:

Thanks for your patience.
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hello everyone, can I claim the servant?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sacciotto wrote: February 12th, 2018, 4:56 am Hello everyone, can I claim the servant?
thank you Adrianna, I sign you up :) have fun !

Sonia
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yeeeeeees!!!!!!! Muito obrigada, Sonia!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
sacciotto

Post by sacciotto »

Hello, Sonia!

How are you doing? Working hard on your listening in your last holiday week, as far as I know. :D
Here am I with my second recording in the drama section! Hopefully, I will pass the test. :oops:
Can wait for your PL.
Starting the reading of our next project in Portuguese in three, two, one :clap:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/twinrivals_servant_4.mp3