Greetings from Snowy Vermont!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
sarahrejoice

Post by sarahrejoice »

Hello, everyone! I'm Sarah from Vermont, where I live with my husband and toddler. My day job is in the nonprofit sector, where I hold several roles (executive director, project manager). I've always loved to read aloud and am working to instill a lifelong love of books in my daughter. I'm primarily looking forward to reading some children's stories, poetry and short works. It's great to be a part of this community!
“Ah, how good it is to be among people who are reading.” –Rainer Maria Rilke
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Hello Sarah,

Welcome to LV! Great to have you with us. :)

Your life sounds pretty busy, all the directing, managing, and raising your child... I honestly envy folks like you who already have little time to spare and still find another activity, another way to share their energy with humanity. And at the same time I wish there were more people like you.

Happy recording! Hope to hear you around!
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
sarahrejoice

Post by sarahrejoice »

Thanks so much, tovarisch! I've been procrastinating on joining for a while now for that very reason... lack of time and energy. But, I'm determined to set aside some of both, since it will bring me joy and (hopefully, just maybe) add value to the literary world. Happy to be here!
rrobinson84

Post by rrobinson84 »

Hi Sarah! I'm Robert, and I also live in Vermont! I'm in Ferrisburgh, which is just a few miles towards Lake Champlain from Vergennes. I've just posted my one-minute test and am looking forward to diving into some reading as well!
Robert Robinson
sarahrejoice

Post by sarahrejoice »

Hi Robert! I'm in Essex Junction, so not too far from Ferrisburgh. Good luck with your first reading endeavors!
rrobinson84

Post by rrobinson84 »

Yep, you are "just up the road!" Nice to meet you.

I've just completed my first two readings (Farm Ballads) and posted them. I'm looking for some more short-to-mid-length projects to build experience and learn to enjoy the process!

Best wishes!
Robert Robinson