Hello from New Jersey

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Mmemari

Post by Mmemari »

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mari,

I stumbled upon LibriVox when I attended a voice-over workshop in NYC. I have always been interested in voice-overs but never really got the opportunity to
use my voice for anything special. My mother was an avid reader all of her life, but when she loss her eyesight, I decided to record her favorite sections of the newspaper for her to playback and listen to. When she began getting recordings from the NJ Blind commission, it totally made a difference in her life. She was extremely elated that she had access to the latest novels, Reader's Digest, and a few of her favorite magazines. But most of all she was in awe of listening to my recordings of her favorite sections (Dear Abby, and Ann Landers). I also enjoy reading, so I truly feel blessed to combine my passion for reading with my interest in using my voice to record literature for a good cause.

I am so excited about what LibriVox is doing. Circulating recorded content in the public domain is wonderful and exciting.

I am still learning about what I need to do to get involved. Everyone seems like they love what they are doing at LibriVox. That makes me feel that this community is just right for me. I just successfully downloaded Audacity! Yay! :clap: so I am thrilled that the download and installation went well and that my computer mike works. I may have to invest in a better mike before I get started. :help: Any suggestions? I can't wait to make my first contribution!

Thank you for inviting me to volunteer!

-Mari
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Welcome here at LibriVox, Mari :)
Mmemari wrote: February 6th, 2018, 7:46 pm I just successfully downloaded Audacity! Yay! :clap: so I am thrilled that the download and installation went well and that my computer mike works. I may have to invest in a better mike before I get started. :help: Any suggestions? I can't wait to make my first contribution!
Great! So, you basically can start and record your test. Let us have a listen on your mic before you invest. Maybe you end up with buying a new one, that has happened before, just because it simply makes more fun to produce better quality recordings. But as long as we can understand what you're reading it is not required by Librivox, so - just start with the mic you have and look if you like it :)
Mmemari

Post by Mmemari »

Thanks so much Monika!