A Travesty Against Cheese

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yesterday, I wanted a grilled cheese sandwich. So I went into the kitchen to make one. I grabbed the pan, the butter, the bread, and the bag of shredded cheese we had. I buttered the bread and proceeded to make my sandwich. When the pan was nice and hot, I put a piece of bread on it, butter side down, and then started adding the cheese. As I did so, I noticed that my cheese had little specks of stuff in it. At first, I thought it had somehow gotten dirt or grit in it. Then I looked at the bag again. "Taco Style."

Hm. Now, I had assumed that meant that it was a blend of Mexican cheeses, nothing more. But just to be sure, I looked at the list of ingredients. "Cheddar cheese......" Ok. "....Asadero cheese....." Alright. "....Taco Seasoning." Wait, what???? :shock:

Taco seasoning??? They sell pre-seasoned cheese??? Why? Who would do that? People season their cheese? No! You season the meat! Everybody knows that! Why would you put taco seasoning in cheese? Even Taco Bell doesn't put taco seasoning in their cheese!

As the cheese was already on my sandwich and some of it was already melting, I continued to use it. My sandwich was... good... It tasted like a grilled cheese sandwich... It also tasted like a taco.
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Yes, seasoned cheese. :shock: I find herb and garlic cheese to be most disgusting.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

When I saw this thread title in my New Posts list, I was thinking it was a book suggestion. It sounds like it would make a great book title. LOL!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Word has it that the cheese/seasoning admixture emerged in the wake of the Great Shopping Trolley Disaster of ‘98.

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

TriciaG wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:55 pm When I saw this thread title in my New Posts list, I was thinking it was a book suggestion. It sounds like it would make a great book title. LOL!
We do have our own Cheese Poet here in Canada Tricia :D Some of his poetry does sound a bit like a travesty. :lol:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
watekinslet

Post by watekinslet »

yeah, gotta be careful when picking up things from the supermarket... i always pick up the new hot flavour by mistake :/
Matulism

Post by Matulism »

watekinslet wrote: January 26th, 2018, 5:52 am yeah, gotta be careful when picking up things from the supermarket... i always pick up the new hot flavour by mistake :/
I always pick up the new hot flavour on purpose. LOVE strong cheddar as part of the grilled-cheese package (and then I add ham, jalapenos and sometimes, tomato)
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

One of my local supermarkets sells a strong cheddar with chives and chopped pickled silverskin onions in it. Delicious. It goes well with beer.
Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
kukailimoku

Post by kukailimoku »

Dude...

Everything goes well with beer.

:lol:
Why yes there IS a blog about choral singing. Thanks for asking.
http://www.thewindwardchoralsociety.org/news/
watekinslet

Post by watekinslet »

Beer + nachos
Beer + pizza
Beer + Indian food

Beer.
lynn0301

Post by lynn0301 »

I made my first burrito today with black bean burger patty (mashed to bits in the pan), scrambled eggs, and Mexican-style cheese. The cheese that I bought had also had taco seasoning on it, and it blended with the black bean patty completely. I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't taste the cheese (or it's probably because I didn't put enough)
Difficile lectu mihi mars et jonicu difficile- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
ErickMcFarlow

Post by ErickMcFarlow »

aradlaw wrote: January 12th, 2018, 10:30 am Yes, seasoned cheese. :shock: I find herb and garlic cheese to be most disgusting.
I don't understand how you can't like that, I love herbs already in the cheese :lol:
DerpFlavored

Post by DerpFlavored »

Cheese, yes. I have no comment.
bruh:|