COMPLETE Favorite Fairy Tales by Logan Marshall-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ewsmith

Post by ewsmith »

I have uploaded Chapter 17, Hansel and Gretel
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/favoritefairytales_17_marshall_128kb.mp3
Duration 15:40

And only one to go.

Evan
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 17 Hansel and Gretel

PL OK :thumbs:
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
ewsmith

Post by ewsmith »

I have uploaded Chapter 18, The Goose Girl
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/favoritefairytales_18_marshall_128kb.mp3
Duration 09:47

And we’re done. :)

Is there’s anything else I need to do?

Evan
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

ewsmith wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 6:54 pm And we’re done. :)

Is there’s anything else I need to do?

Evan
Nope. Once you get a PL OK, I'll put it in the catalog.
Congratulations!
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/favorite-fairy-tales-by-logan-marshall/
ewsmith

Post by ewsmith »

MaryAnn

Thank you to you and Helen. It's been a fun experience and I was amazed how quickly you both responded to every post.

I noticed that some catalog entries have the front cover illustration from the book. Would it be possible to add the illustration that appears on the Gutenberg site?

Evan
ewsmith

Post by ewsmith »

I'm also curious about the metadata. I included metadata for each chapter when updating the MW and I assumed that this would allow readers to find individual stories by searching for the name of the story. But I tried searching for a couple and they didn't appear - which could mean I didn't enter the data correctly.

Evan
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Evan,

We have volunteers who make the covers for each project. There's info here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28785 We use a cover claiming system so that folks know who is working on what, and it looks like Anne (Annise) has claimed to do the project for this cover.

The metadata on each file is overwritten by our cataloging software (since most people don't fill it in). The metadata is not searchable in the catalog. We don't index individual stories which have been published as part of a larger book. If you would like to give me key words to add to the archive entry, please just send a list (separated by semi-colons, ; ) and I can paste those into the Archive record. Then at least folks could search on the key words on Archive.

MaryAnn
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 18 The Goose Girl

PL OK

Evan & MaryAnn, it has been an honor to be your DPL for this project.

Well done. :clap:
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
ewsmith

Post by ewsmith »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: January 24th, 2018, 3:39 pm Evan,

We have volunteers who make the covers for each project. There's info here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28785 We use a cover claiming system so that folks know who is working on what, and it looks like Anne (Annise) has claimed to do the project for this cover.

The metadata on each file is overwritten by our cataloging software (since most people don't fill it in). The metadata is not searchable in the catalog. We don't index individual stories which have been published as part of a larger book. If you would like to give me key words to add to the archive entry, please just send a list (separated by semi-colons, ; ) and I can paste those into the Archive record. Then at least folks could search on the key words on Archive.

MaryAnn
Thanks for the explanation about the cover art. I had assumed that the same illustration from Gutenburg would always be used. It happens to be a very nice one in this case.

As for the metadata, I think maybe I didn't explain myself very well. I didn't mean the metadata that can be added to the mp3 files; I meant the metadata added in the MW, as described in the instructions for coordinators:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=BC%27s:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window#Special_Instructions_for_Collections_.E2.80.93_Entering_Section_Metadata

I understood from that description that individual titles within a collection would be searchable if the information was added in the metadata field. I think this would be very helpful since many of the stories are ones that are well known. It's more likely that someone would search for "snow white" than "logan marshall". :)

Evan
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Re the covers
No the illustration at PG is not always used - the person making the cover can choose what to use. One really great problem with book covers is that they are rectangular - and CD covers are square , so they don't fit . :D so it's not always possible to make it work
I tend to prefer relevant covers , but everyone has different views including the covermakers.

Anne
ewsmith

Post by ewsmith »

Anne

Thanks for the explanation. Makes perfect sense. I've been reading all about the process. I had no idea there was an entire side industry in creating the CD covers. :)

Evan
ewsmith

Post by ewsmith »

MaryAnn:

Here are key words from the story titles:
Snow White; Ugly Duckling; Aladdin; Sleeping Beauty; Puss-in-Boots; Tom Thumb; Three Bears; Little Match Girl; Beauty and the Beast; Cinderella; Jack the Giant Killer; Jack and the Beanstalk; Dick Whittington; Blue Beard; Little Red Riding Hood; Sindbad; Hansel and Gretel; Goose Girl

Thanks again for all your help and guidance.

Evan
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you Evan! I'll update the info at Archive.

MaryAnn

[Edit - confirmed key words updated at TIA]