help, login trouble [SOLVED]

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
declanreads

Post by declanreads »

Hello,
When I try to login to the uploader, it doesn't recognise my username or password in any combinations i can think of.
And when I enter my username and click forgot password it doesn't recognise my username even to send me a link to update password.
I am stymied and frustrated! Any helpful advice most welcome.
best,
dek
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

For the uploader you do not take your username, i.e. "declanreads" but you take the one provided in the little graphic in every first post of a project, it's the one that starts with "l" ;). You take also the password provided there, too :)

edit: @Kitty was so nice to give me the link to the graphic, see, it is this one:
declanreads

Post by declanreads »

I've figured it out,
forgive this rookie,
Thanks,
dek!!!
declanreads

Post by declanreads »

Thank You Moniaqua!
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

declanreads wrote: January 24th, 2018, 5:51 am forgive this rookie,
Nothing to forgive, everyone needs to learn, no one is born wise, and I remember that in the beginning LibriVox seemed quite confusing to me, too :) You're welcome :)
eWinters

Post by eWinters »

I'm having trouble accessing the uploader from the link provided on the wiki page and using username and password as shown in the image. I get the message "You don't have permissions for this area." Is there something I'm missing?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

eWinters wrote: September 14th, 2018, 3:45 am I'm having trouble accessing the uploader from the link provided on the wiki page and using username and password as shown in the image. I get the message "You don't have permissions for this area." Is there something I'm missing?
All the tall, skinny letters are L's. Does that help?

If there's a logout link on your error message, click it, then try logging in again. If you still get the "you don't have permission" message, then it's remembering the last (wrong) login. Clear your browser cache/login sessions.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
eWinters

Post by eWinters »

I'm thinking Opera browser was trying to autofill even after I (thought I had) cleared everything out. Finally got it to work with a fresh install of Firefox.

Thanks!