COMPLETE [DRAM.READ] Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - kd

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

Hello!
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years!
I'm looking for the google doc link. I checked in the MW but I only saw the link to text. Is there a link to the new corrections in google docs?
Thanks!
Pat
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Pat,
Take a look at the notes in one of your sections that is marked see pl notes. The web address is there. It’s the same one used last time.
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

Hi Linny,
I checked in the MW next to "see PL notes" and saw the google docs but I couldn't click on it. I tried to copy and paste the address in a different window but it brought me back to the huck finn page. I must be missing something.
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

Oh, wait. I fount it in our emails haha.
linny

Post by linny »

Don,
Thank you for the Christmas wishes. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season! Now that 2018 is here I guess I should get something done. :wink:

Chapter 34 is still showing as ready for PL. Not sure if it still needs PL or if you forgot to toggle it. Either way, chapter 36 is now ready for PL. :thumbs:

EDIT: 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, and 43 are also ready for PL.
linny

Post by linny »

Section 00 is now ready for PL. The order of the cast list begins ~ section 63. There is one voice credit missing however the reader was in 2 small parts and we have the voice credit for the other so I think we are covered.
linny

Post by linny »

Pat is going to try and get some of the pickups finished on Monday!

Don will start listening over the next few days.

We are getting close! :clap:
DACSoft

Post by DACSoft »

Hi Linny,

The following Chapters are PL OK! :thumbs:

Chapters 34, 36, 37, 38, 39 and 40.

Hope to listen to Chapters 0 and 41 to 43 tomorrow.

Don
Don (DACSoft)
Bringing the Baseball Joe series to audio!

In Progress:
The Arrival of Jimpson; Baseball Joe in the World Series
Next up:
Two College Friends; Baseball Joe Around the World
linny

Post by linny »

Wow! No pickups. That's a treat.

Thank you for the help. :thumbs:
pjcsaville

Post by pjcsaville »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/Huckleberry_Finn_corrections_2.mp3

Here are my second batch of corrections. I don't think I saved it correctly now I think about it. Let me know if I need to change anything.
linny

Post by linny »

Thanks, Pat. I'll get to work and let you know.

EDIT: PM sent to Pat re chapter 19
Last edited by linny on January 22nd, 2018, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 21 is ready for spot check. https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_dr_twain_21_128kb.mp3

7:06 Missing phrase: Wonderful Attraction! For One Night Only! The world renowned tragedians.

8:26 missing word - Then we went loafing around the town. The stores and houses was most all old shackly dried-up frame concerns that hadn't ever been painted; they was set up three or four foot above ground on stilts, so as to be out of reach of the water when the river was overflowed.

18:11 Everybody that could get a chance at him tried their best to coax him off of his horse so they could lock him up and get him sober; but it warn't no use—up the street he would tear again, and give Sherburn another cussing.
Heard look
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 22 is ready for spot check. https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_dr_twain_22_128kb.mp3

01:35 Just then Sherburn steps out on to the roof of his little front porch, with a double-barrel gun in his hand, and takes his stand, perfectly ca'm and deliberate, not saying a word.
heard: … Sherbun steps out of the road of his little front porch …

06:48 It was the splendidest sight that ever was when they all come riding in, two and two, a gentleman and lady, side by side, the men just in their drawers and undershirts, and no shoes nor stirrups, and resting their hands on their thighs easy and comfortable—there must a been twenty of them—and every lady with a lovely complexion, and perfectly beautiful, and looking just like a gang of real sure-enough queens, and dressed in clothes that cost millions of dollars, and just littered with diamonds.
heard: … and every lady with a lonely complexion …
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 28 is ready for spot check. https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_dr_twain_28_128kb.mp3

05:04 (Huck spoke a line that should by Mary Jane's - the reading doc was incorrect) -
Wrong speaker: "The brute! Come, don't waste a minute—not a second—we'll have them tarred and feathered, and flung in the river!"

07:37 "And if it just happens so that I don't get away, but get took up along with them, you must up and say I told you the whole thing beforehand, and you must stand by me all you can."
heard: … say I told you the wrong thing beforehand …

14:01 Missing phrase: You may say what you want to, but in my opinion she had more sand in her than any girl I ever see; in my opinion she was just full of sand. It sounds like flattery, but it ain't no flattery.
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 29 is ready for spot check. https://librivox.org/uploads/kilteddragon/huckleberryfinn_dr_twain_29_128kb.mp3

@20:13 (Huck) -
Text: … and then such another crowding and shouldering and shoving as there was, to scrouge in and get a sight …
I hear: … and then such another crowding and shuddering and shoveling as there was, to scourge in and get a sight …