[COMPLETE] [Dram Read] Story of the Amulet, E. Nesbit-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Also, for the village girl in chapter 4, at about :40, the text it, "That's the secret sacred place." Grace said, "That's the secret place." Of course, you've already marked this PL ok, and we can leave it if you want, but I think "sacred" adds a very different idea than "secret" alone.
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

I've uploaded chapter one of the narrator, with the added line. It's now 26.53.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Peter Why wrote: January 16th, 2018, 10:42 pm I've uploaded chapter one of the narrator, with the added line. It's now 26.53.

Peter
Thank you!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Here is the completed chapter 2, coming in at 26:41!
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/amulet_nesbit_02_128kb.mp3

There wasn't a format given in the first post for file naming of completed chapters, so I lazily typed it in the format of other sections I've done, but I may have switched something.
benderca

Post by benderca »

Hi Beth!

My daughter, Jasmin, would like to read the part of Expelled Boy Ch 12. Could you sign her up under my account? She read a couple of parts for me today and has gotten the itch!

Thanks!
TJ
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Great! I'll put you down as having claimed those - or does she have her own account? (I suggest setting one up for her so that she can have her own catalogue page. Each of my three girls has her own catalogue page, even though I submit all their files. That way they can find their own stuff more easily without having to look through all mine!)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

mightyfelix wrote: January 18th, 2018, 8:28 pm Here is the completed chapter 2, coming in at 26:41!

There wasn't a format given in the first post for file naming of completed chapters, so I lazily typed it in the format of other sections I've done, but I may have switched something.
How exciting! I'll look forward to listening to this, but probably not until next week - I'm pretty flat chat this weekend. I've added the file naming convention to the first post - it needs to have the chapter number straight after the title, I think, for the files to sort correctly - but don't change it now until after I've PLed it, in case there are any other changes.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Peter Why wrote: January 16th, 2018, 10:42 pm I've uploaded chapter one of the narrator, with the added line. It's now 26.53.

Peter
Thanks Peter! Don't know how I missed that! :oops:

Devorah, I think I'm happy with the village girl line as it is - this isn't a word perfect project and I find that re-editing files tends to make the sound very uneven. So I usually don't request single word re-edits until it is a critically important word.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Elizabby wrote: January 19th, 2018, 3:49 pm
Devorah, I think I'm happy with the village girl line as it is - this isn't a word perfect project and I find that re-editing files tends to make the sound very uneven. So I usually don't request single word re-edits until it is a critically important word.
Got it! :thumbs:
benderca

Post by benderca »

Elizabby wrote: January 19th, 2018, 3:46 pm Great! I'll put you down as having claimed those - or does she have her own account? (I suggest setting one up for her so that she can have her own catalogue page. Each of my three girls has her own catalogue page, even though I submit all their files. That way they can find their own stuff more easily without having to look through all mine!)
That's a good idea. I probably should set an account up for her. She's a natural. While I need several (plus) takes, she gets it on the first take! :clap:

Why don't you put it under my name now, and I'll let you know when I've set up her account.

Thanks!
TJ
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

mightyfelix wrote: January 18th, 2018, 8:28 pm Here is the completed chapter 2, coming in at 26:41!
Perfect! I loved the way you edited together the group lines, especially the ones which they said not exactly together, but overlapping - fantastic job! :9:

MW is updated with the finished Chapter 2 - now we wait for the rest of the recordings! (Anthea is all finished, by the way, so I can concentrate on PLing!)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

The "puppies in pet shop" from Chapter 1 and "Imogen" from Chapter 10 are both uploaded - read by my daughters! The volume levels will be a bit uneven, especially in the Imogen file, so might need a bit of manual adjusting to match the narration volume.

(I think the puppies were super cute! My two girls were happy to read them together, so it saves some editing there!)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Beth, I went ahead and PLed all of Anthea's lines, since I had time, and to head off any delays in editing down the road. All beautifully done! The very picture of the eldest sibling who always seems to know what needs to be done! :D I only found two things, and one of them is kind of a "maybe."

In chapter 6, you missed one group line. At about 1:42, Anthea says with the boys, "Done!"

And in chapter 10, Anthea says "hundreds and hundreds." You said "hundreds and thousands." It's at about 3:08-3:10. I think it would work just fine this way, too, though, so it's your decision whether or not to correct it.

And your girls' reading was lovely! :clap: Imogen is especially precious. Well done, all of you!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Elizabby wrote: January 20th, 2018, 6:50 pm The "puppies in pet shop" from Chapter 1 and "Imogen" from Chapter 10 are both uploaded - read by my daughters! The volume levels will be a bit uneven, especially in the Imogen file, so might need a bit of manual adjusting to match the narration volume.

(I think the puppies were super cute! My two girls were happy to read them together, so it saves some editing there!)
Oh, your daughters sound wonderful, Beth! Jasmin was first considering Imogen, but the London street slang threw her off -- Zoe sounds perfect! And the puppies... I just want to buy them!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Zoe struggled a bit with the London Cockney-isms as well, but she's recorded before and knows she can have lots of attempts! I coached her through it, and the role is shorter than the "Expelled Boy" so it suited her better - I think her patience was about at an end by the time we finished! The other two girls enjoyed being the puppies too! (As I said before, I created separate usernames for each of the girls just using their first and middle names. You can see them in the MW - it just allows them to get credit for their work and to find their own recordings easily. I upload all their stuff though, so their profiles say "zero posts"! Also PM is disabled on their accounts - just in case...)

Jasmine might be interested in the "Dancer" in Ch 7 and there's a "Crowd Woman" in Ch 8 and a "Lady" in Ch 14. I think they are mostly about two lines each, so nice little parts to get her interested! ;)