COMPLETE [OPEN POETRY]The Poetry of South Africa,Alexander Wilmot-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14371
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » January 19th, 2018, 3:24 pm

well here are already two more to PL :) I'm not a big fan of patriotic war-poems though, but I gave it my best to sound enthusiastic, as they would have been back in the olden days

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poetryofsouthafrica_039_wilmot_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:53 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poetryofsouthafrica_040_wilmot_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 7:40 min.

Sonia

silverquill
Posts: 7829
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 19th, 2018, 4:01 pm

Kitty wrote:
January 19th, 2018, 3:24 pm
well here are already two more to PL :) I'm not a big fan of patriotic war-poems though, but I gave it my best to sound enthusiastic, as they would have been back in the olden days

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poetryofsouthafrica_039_wilmot_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:53 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poetryofsouthafrica_040_wilmot_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 7:40 min.

Sonia
Thanks so much! I'm sure these will be great
Now if we can get the other assignments in, and the PL notes resolved, we'll be done. :clap:

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14371
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » January 20th, 2018, 7:15 am

and my last claim, at least for the moment ;)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poetryofsouthafrica_057_wilmot_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 4:49 min.

Sonia

silverquill
Posts: 7829
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 20th, 2018, 7:51 am

Kitty wrote:
January 20th, 2018, 7:15 am
and my last claim, at least for the moment ;)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poetryofsouthafrica_057_wilmot_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 4:49 min.

Sonia
Thank you so much!!

pyledriver
Posts: 166
Joined: July 10th, 2013, 3:32 pm

Post by pyledriver » January 20th, 2018, 9:48 pm

carteki wrote:
December 17th, 2017, 6:09 am
PL Notes


Pyledriver
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poetryofsouthafrica_086_wilmot_128kb.mp3
3m27 - note pronounciation of Assagai. Said to rhyme with "Fly". Listen at 10s https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/meridiana_pronounciation.mp3

Please let me know if you have any questions
New version (11:37):

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poetryofsouthafrica_086_wilmot_128kb.mp3

silverquill
Posts: 7829
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 20th, 2018, 10:05 pm

pyledriver wrote:
January 20th, 2018, 9:48 pm
carteki wrote:
December 17th, 2017, 6:09 am
PL Notes


Pyledriver
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poetryofsouthafrica_086_wilmot_128kb.mp3
3m27 - note pronounciation of Assagai. Said to rhyme with "Fly". Listen at 10s https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/meridiana_pronounciation.mp3

Please let me know if you have any questions
New version (11:37):

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poetryofsouthafrica_086_wilmot_128kb.mp3
Great! I have put this in the MW Ready for Spot PL.
Thank you

catharmaiden
Posts: 242
Joined: June 3rd, 2015, 1:58 am
Location: Luxembourg
Contact:

Post by catharmaiden » February 4th, 2018, 7:30 am

here's a very funny poem, which I enjoyed a lot. Except for the part with the unfortunate baboon :( Our boys! What can I say?

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poetryofsouthafrica_065_wilmot_128kb.mp3 (11:26)

Sandra

silverquill
Posts: 7829
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » February 4th, 2018, 2:00 pm

catharmaiden wrote:
February 4th, 2018, 7:30 am
here's a very funny poem, which I enjoyed a lot. Except for the part with the unfortunate baboon :( Our boys! What can I say?

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poetryofsouthafrica_065_wilmot_128kb.mp3 (11:26)

Sandra
Thank you.
Usually a little background noise is okay if it's not too distracting.
I've put this in the MW Ready for PL

TrudiBvoice
Posts: 37
Joined: February 22nd, 2017, 5:16 pm

Post by TrudiBvoice » March 26th, 2018, 7:01 pm

Hi. I've been absent. I'm trying to determine if the poems I read several months ago have been approved. I know this sounds crazy but I can't find the magic window in order to check. It really must be magic! Thanks for any help.

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14374
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » March 26th, 2018, 7:11 pm

Tridi,

:D

The MW is always on page 1 of the project thread. Try here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=63355

MaryAnn

silverquill
Posts: 7829
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 26th, 2018, 8:38 pm

TrudiBvoice wrote:
March 26th, 2018, 7:01 pm
Hi. I've been absent. I'm trying to determine if the poems I read several months ago have been approved. I know this sounds crazy but I can't find the magic window in order to check. It really must be magic! Thanks for any help.
It look as if you have three sections with PL Notes. They are linked in the MW to pg 17.
Let me know if you have any questions.

TrudiBvoice
Posts: 37
Joined: February 22nd, 2017, 5:16 pm

Post by TrudiBvoice » March 27th, 2018, 4:18 am

Thanks! I redid the one's from pg 17 as per the instructions but didn't receive any feedback and the PL didn't change. Can you check and let me know. I'll re-record if necessary. I'm sorry to be a pain :)

silverquill
Posts: 7829
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » March 27th, 2018, 7:33 am

SPly wrote:
November 21st, 2017, 9:45 am


Here it is (2:39)
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/poetryofsouthafrica_075_wilmot_128kb.mp3
I was wondering what distortion is, and how to fix it. (I'm a newbie) :help:

Thank You So Much!

Sarah
I've just listened to this and it sound great!
PL OK

TrudiBvoice
Posts: 37
Joined: February 22nd, 2017, 5:16 pm

Post by TrudiBvoice » April 6th, 2018, 10:20 am

Hi Mary Ann. Seems as if all the readings have PL OK by them so that means there's nothing more for me to re-record? Yes? If that's the case, I'll begin something else. Thanks so much for your help!

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14374
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » April 6th, 2018, 10:50 am

TrudiBvoice wrote:
April 6th, 2018, 10:20 am
Hi Mary Ann. Seems as if all the readings have PL OK by them so that means there's nothing more for me to re-record? Yes? If that's the case, I'll begin something else. Thanks so much for your help!
Trudi,
Right you are, all your sections are PL OK so nothing further for you to do here . . . unless you'd like to record a few more poems!
MaryAnn

Post Reply