[COMPLETE] Micrographia by Robert Hooke - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
DrPGould
Posts: 2793
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Post by DrPGould » December 31st, 2017, 1:27 pm

Jordan:

Here is the link for Section 41. Running time is 7:14.


https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/mi ... _128kb.mp3

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.

JorWat
Posts: 1206
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » December 31st, 2017, 2:11 pm

DrPGould wrote:Jordan:

Here is the link for Section 41. Running time is 7:14.


https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/mi ... _128kb.mp3

Many thanks,

Philip
PL OK!
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

Steve
Posts: 414
Joined: April 29th, 2012, 8:54 am
Location: Norwich England

Post by Steve » December 31st, 2017, 11:45 pm

Hi Jordan

Section 18 uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/mi ... _128kb.mp3

Duration: 26:43

Happy New Year!

Steve

JorWat
Posts: 1206
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » January 2nd, 2018, 4:10 pm

Steve wrote:Hi Jordan

Section 18 uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/mi ... _128kb.mp3

Duration: 26:43

Happy New Year!

Steve
PL OK!
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.


mightyfelix
Posts: 3994
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » January 9th, 2018, 12:37 pm

This looks fascinating! And, I must say, I immediately found the concept of snails' teeth irresistible, so I'll read section 45, at least. I may pick up some more later.

JorWat
Posts: 1206
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » January 9th, 2018, 1:29 pm

PL OK!
mightyfelix wrote:This looks fascinating! And, I must say, I immediately found the concept of snails' teeth irresistible, so I'll read section 45, at least. I may pick up some more later.
It's all yours!
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

deongines
Posts: 1290
Joined: November 2nd, 2012, 4:14 pm
Location: Salt Lake City UT

Post by deongines » January 15th, 2018, 10:39 am

Can I claim sections 8, 16, and 17? Thanks, Deon
Turning it over in your mind will not plow the field.

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7883
Joined: January 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Location: Northern Maine

Post by alg1001 » January 15th, 2018, 3:58 pm

Hi Jordan,
May I have 33-Seeds of Venus Looking Glass and 35-Seeds of Poppy, please?
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood

JorWat
Posts: 1206
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » January 15th, 2018, 4:44 pm

deongines wrote:
January 15th, 2018, 10:39 am
Can I claim sections 8, 16, and 17? Thanks, Deon
alg1001 wrote:
January 15th, 2018, 3:58 pm
Hi Jordan,
May I have 33-Seeds of Venus Looking Glass and 35-Seeds of Poppy, please?
-Amy
Both of you now have those sections.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

deongines
Posts: 1290
Joined: November 2nd, 2012, 4:14 pm
Location: Salt Lake City UT

Post by deongines » January 17th, 2018, 4:21 pm

Turning it over in your mind will not plow the field.

deongines
Posts: 1290
Joined: November 2nd, 2012, 4:14 pm
Location: Salt Lake City UT

Post by deongines » January 17th, 2018, 7:06 pm

Can I claim sections 60-62? Thanks, Deon
Turning it over in your mind will not plow the field.

JorWat
Posts: 1206
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » January 18th, 2018, 1:09 pm

Hi Deon,

Here are your notes:

Section 8:

2:48-2:50: 'Schem. 3, Fig. 2' is a side note, so shouldn't be read.

Section 16:

4:07-4:10: 'Schem. 5, Fig. X' is a side note.

Section 17:

1:47-1:49: 'Schem. 7, Fig. 2' is a side note.

I have also assigned those new sections to you.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16424
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » January 19th, 2018, 6:43 am

Here are my two sections:

section 4 with 10:43
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/micrographia_04_hooke_128kb.mp3

and section 5 with 5:21
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/micrographia_05_hooke_128kb.mp3

Never mind the science terms and the meandering sentences. The most difficult thing to read (in section 4) was:

.. before we venture to write whole...

I really wish authors would read their texts aloud to make sure they are pronouncable. :roll:
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

JorWat
Posts: 1206
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » January 20th, 2018, 3:12 am

Availle wrote:
January 19th, 2018, 6:43 am
Here are my two sections:

section 4 with 10:43
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/micrographia_04_hooke_128kb.mp3

and section 5 with 5:21
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/micrographia_05_hooke_128kb.mp3

Never mind the science terms and the meandering sentences. The most difficult thing to read (in section 4) was:

.. before we venture to write whole...

I really wish authors would read their texts aloud to make sure they are pronouncable. :roll:
Thanks, Availle

Section 4 is PL OK, but for Section 5, I heard 'ms' instead of 'mn' at 4:33.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

Post Reply