Principles of Political Economy, John Stuart Mill-icequeen

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
Post Reply
realisticspeakers
Posts: 689
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » January 7th, 2018, 11:04 am

Wow. This is tied with James Madison's State of the Union Addresses for difficulty of reading and obtuseness of prose.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofpoliticaleconomy_39_mill_128kb.mp3

[35:32]

I sincerely apologize to all those in the future who may have to listen to me read this.

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19668
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » January 7th, 2018, 5:42 pm

realisticspeakers wrote:
January 7th, 2018, 11:04 am
Wow. This is tied with James Madison's State of the Union Addresses for difficulty of reading and obtuseness of prose.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofpoliticaleconomy_39_mill_128kb.mp3

[35:32]

I sincerely apologize to all those in the future who may have to listen to me read this.
Oh boy, this one will be fun to listen to! Don't you just hate those readings that are so hard, I know I do! Thank you!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19668
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » January 12th, 2018, 10:51 pm

Section 39 is PL OK! Great job, even though it was a tough one to read!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

realisticspeakers
Posts: 689
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » January 18th, 2018, 10:41 am

28 Book III, Chapter VII: Of a Double Standard and Subsidiary Coins

I would love to hear what JSM would say about Bitcoin.

(no, not really)

Would you like to hear what he has to say about Gold and Silver?

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19668
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » January 18th, 2018, 2:19 pm

realisticspeakers wrote:
January 18th, 2018, 10:41 am
28 Book III, Chapter VII: Of a Double Standard and Subsidiary Coins

I would love to hear what JSM would say about Bitcoin.

(no, not really)

Would you like to hear what he has to say about Gold and Silver?

I wonder what he would say about Bitcoin, that might be hilarious!

I would love to hear what JSM says about gold and silver, section 28 is yours, thanks!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15439
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » February 9th, 2018, 7:17 am

Could I read section 35 please? International trade is always interesting... :D
Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

Inspired by LibriVox: The 8 Views of Lake Biwa

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19668
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » February 9th, 2018, 10:49 am

Availle wrote:
February 9th, 2018, 7:17 am
Could I read section 35 please? International trade is always interesting... :D

Of course! Thanks Ava!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19668
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » February 10th, 2018, 6:32 pm

Section 30 is now open.
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

DeeptiMary
Posts: 1
Joined: February 4th, 2018, 4:41 am

Post by DeeptiMary » February 14th, 2018, 3:58 am

Hello.
May I please record section 36?
Book 3, chapter 14 on International Values.

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19668
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » February 14th, 2018, 9:36 am

DeeptiMary wrote:
February 14th, 2018, 3:58 am
Hello.
May I please record section 36?
Book 3, chapter 14 on International Values.

Hello,

Welcome to LibriVox! I have you down for section 36, thank you! But, before you record, please make sure to do your one minute test. It is not an audition, but our way of making sure that all your settings are where we need them to be. Your life will be much easier if we can check this first. What name would you like credited on your catalog page?
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."


icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19668
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » February 25th, 2018, 9:21 pm

Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

mdecker142
Posts: 15
Joined: February 6th, 2018, 11:26 am
Location: New England

Post by mdecker142 » February 26th, 2018, 10:29 am

Could I take on section 37 - Book III, Chapter XV: Of Money Considered as an Imported Commodity?
-- Mike

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19668
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » February 26th, 2018, 12:28 pm

mdecker142 wrote:
February 26th, 2018, 10:29 am
Could I take on section 37 - Book III, Chapter XV: Of Money Considered as an Imported Commodity?

Of course! Thanks Mike!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

mdecker142
Posts: 15
Joined: February 6th, 2018, 11:26 am
Location: New England

Post by mdecker142 » March 1st, 2018, 1:13 pm

Here is section 37 - Book III, Chapter XV: Of Money Considered as an Imported Commodity. Please give it a listen. Track length is 10:12.28, volume is 87.7 dB. This is my first go at non-fiction, any feedback happily accepted!

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofpoliticaleconomy_37_mill_128kb.mp3
-- Mike

Post Reply