[COMPLETE]If I Had a Father, by George MacDonald - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: January 15th, 2018, 9:42 am Taking note of Sonia's comment about her final line to James I have tried to make his final line a bit less unfriendly.
awww, great, Alan :9: we will give this play a bit of an extra twist. Let's give the audience the hint of a happy end for those two. In movies, people who quarrel most at the beginning, often end up in a couple in the end :mrgreen:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you. I will PL soon.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you, Alan! I didn't realize that James actually says so very little in those final two acts. I guess Mrs. Clifford's philosophy must be that servants are meant to be seen and not heard!

However... I've just noticed that I missed a biggie in Act II! There's an entire scene (and a good one, too!) between you and Bill in Act II, in which you accuse him of being a wicked thief and pick-pocket, take his money, and then convince poor Thomas that Bill was trying to murder him!
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

mightyfelix wrote: January 17th, 2018, 4:41 pm However... I've just noticed that I missed a biggie in Act II! There's an entire scene (and a good one, too!) between you and Bill in Act II, in which you accuse him of being a wicked thief and pick-pocket, take his money, and then convince poor Thomas that Bill was trying to murder him!
Obviously I did not check the text thoroughly enough either. I will add the extra lines soon, but there may be a delay as I think I may have picked up a virus (England is having a flu epidemic).
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

alanmapstone wrote: January 18th, 2018, 11:29 am
Obviously I did not check the text thoroughly enough either. I will add the extra lines soon, but there may be a delay as I think I may have picked up a virus (England is having a flu epidemic).
I entirely understand. I'm in the same boat (see signature line). I hope you feel better soon!
benderca

Post by benderca »

Hi Devorah!

My daughter would like to volunteer for the role of Jim. I'll be doing the editing, so she shouldn't need a one-minute test, but she could do it, if you like.

Thanks!
TJ
Last edited by benderca on May 24th, 2019, 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

benderca wrote: January 19th, 2018, 1:14 pm Hi Devorah!

My daughter, Jasmin, would like to volunteer for the role of Jim. I'll be doing the editing, so she shouldn't need a one-minute test, but she could do it, if you like.

Thanks!
TJ
Not necessary, thank you. Does she have her own login, or will she be credited under you? I need to know who to assign the section to.
Last edited by mightyfelix on May 24th, 2019, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: January 19th, 2018, 1:17 pm
Not necessary, thank you. Does she have her own login, or will she be credited under you? I need to know who to assign the section to.
Let's just credit her under me for now. If she really loves it, she can get her own login -- She already recorded the part!

Thanks!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

benderca wrote: January 19th, 2018, 2:46 pm
mightyfelix wrote: January 19th, 2018, 1:17 pm
Let's just credit her under me for now. If she really loves it, she can get her own login -- She already recorded the part!

Thanks!
Done!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Mattie is in the MW ready for PL.

I didn't realize quite how much crying I'd have to do! Poor dear, must be all the strain she's under, trying to keep that wild Susan under control. :wink:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: January 26th, 2018, 10:52 am Mattie is in the MW ready for PL.
I didn't realize quite how much crying I'd have to do! Poor dear, must be all the strain she's under, trying to keep that wild Susan under control. :wink:
excellent characterization, Devorah :thumbs: My heart really went out to poor little Mattie :cry: especially at the very tearful final act. And for the record, Susan did not make her cry, that was her father mainly. Susan more made her angry in Act 3 :lol:

All three acts PL ok. Only one tiny note for Act 2:

> at 0:29: you were coughing in my ears :shock: can be cut out ;)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty wrote: January 29th, 2018, 11:38 am
mightyfelix wrote: January 26th, 2018, 10:52 am Mattie is in the MW ready for PL.
excellent characterization, Devorah :thumbs: My heart really went out to poor little Mattie :cry: especially at the very tearful final act. And for the record, Susan did not make her cry, that was her father mainly. Susan more made her angry in Act 3 :lol:

All three acts PL ok. Only one tiny note for Act 2:

> at 0:29: you were coughing in my ears :shock: can be cut out ;)

Sonia
Oops. Sorry about the cough. I have still been having a teensy bit of trouble with phlegm, to be honest. :lol: If that was the only spot, I won't bother uploading a new file. I'll just be sure that the cough doesn't make it into the final act!
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Sorry about the cough. I have still been having a teensy bit of trouble with phlegm, to be honest. :lol:

Well, you’re in distinguished company, at any rate.

Lord Byron: ”To hell with his fine talking! COFFEE, WOMAN! My consumption grows ever more acute and Coleridge's drugs are wearing off!”
Blackadder, “Ink and Incapability”

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: January 29th, 2018, 4:11 pmSorry about the cough. I have still been having a teensy bit of trouble with phlegm, to be honest. :lol:

Well, you’re in distinguished company, at any rate.

Lord Byron: ”To hell with his fine talking! COFFEE, WOMAN! My consumption grows ever more acute and Coleridge's drugs are wearing off!”
Blackadder, “Ink and Incapability”

Chris
It's been years since I've seen that! :lol: