COMPLETE: Memoirs from Beyond the Tomb Volume II - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
fbtoast

Post by fbtoast »

The Memoirs of Francois Rene Vicomte de Chateaubriand Volume II by François-René de Chateaubriand (1768 - 1848). Translated by Alexander Teixeira de Mattos (1865 - 1921)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page here:

https://librivox.org/the-memoirs-of-chateaubriand-volume-ii-by-francois-rene-de-chateaubriand/

Volume II of Chateaubriand's Memoirs from Beyond the Tomb, translated by Teixeira de Mattos. This volume covers the period from his return to France to fight, reluctantly, for the King, his early literary successes with many portraits of the great and the good, including Napoleon, through to his travels in the Near East in the first decade of the 19th century, all told with his characteristic blend of mordant wit and melancholy. ( Nicole Lee)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/54788
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Biography & Autobiography/Memoirs

Keywords that describe the book: french literature; napoleon; american revolution; french revolution

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of The Memoirs of Francois Rene Vicomte de Chateaubriand Volume II. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Memoirs of Francois Rene Vicomte de Chateaubriand Volume II, by François-René de Chateaubriand. Translated by Alexander Teixeira de Mattos [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Memoirs of Chateaubriand Volume II by François-René de Chateaubriand. Translated by Alexander Teixeira de Mattos This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Memoirs of Francois Rene Vicomte de Chateaubriand Volume II, by François-René de Chateaubriand. Translated by Alexander Teixeira de Mattos"

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename memoirsvol2_##_chateaubriand_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. memoirsvol2_01_chateaubriand_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags ID3 tags are now optional. They are added automatically during cataloging.
    Artist: François-René de Chateaubriand
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: The Memoirs of Francois Rene Vicomte de Chateaubriand Volume II

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: knotyouraveragejo
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I'd love to DPL!
Will you be recording just "Part the Second" of this volume? I see it covers from 1800, almost where we left off in the previous audio-book.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I'll MC this for you. MW will be available shortly.

ETA: We cross posted, Rapunzelina. Were you planning to MC as well as PL?
Jo
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Just DPL for this one. Thank you! :thumbs:

ETA: I think we'll be the same team as at the first "Memoirs of Chateaubriand" project! :clap:
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

OK All set! Please take note of my edits in the intro, outro and filenames. :)
Jo
fbtoast

Post by fbtoast »

thanks everyone. I thought I would just do the whole book, even though it does overlap with the previous project, just so it is a complete version of the book that is in project gutenberg. Noted re the intro, outro and filenames.

Nicole
fbtoast

Post by fbtoast »

hi Rapunzelina

Parts 1 and 2 of book 7 (the first book of Part I of VOlume II) are up now

Nx
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Both parts of Book 7 are PL OK!

While the translation is quite different, the author's way of writing comes through just as vivid, if not even more so!
fbtoast

Post by fbtoast »

hi Rapunzelina

part 1 of book 8 is up now - the incredibly affecting story of his youthful romance with Charlotte Ives and its bitter-sweet sequel.

Nx
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Nicole! Part 1 is PL OK! And a good point to break Book 8 at, too!
fbtoast

Post by fbtoast »

thanks Rapunzelina - part 2 of book 8 is up now

Nx
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Part 2 is PL OK, as well!
fbtoast

Post by fbtoast »

thanks Rapunzelina. BOok 9 is up now.

Nx
fbtoast

Post by fbtoast »

hi Rapunzelina

book 1 of part 2 is up now as well

Nx
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Nicole!

I have a couple of PL notes for Book 9:
I noticed a short repetition, around 44:00 "beneath a cedar of Lebanon"
and, around 48:01-48:25 is the intro of what would be part 2 of Book 9 and can be deleted.