[COMPLETE]If I Had a Father, by George MacDonald - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Craigos wrote: January 11th, 2018, 1:16 pm Do you still need a policeman?
Yes, thank you!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty wrote: January 11th, 2018, 1:11 pm
mightyfelix wrote:Well done, Sonia! I especially liked your vicious little chuckle when you're contemplating leaving a needle in Constance's knickers! Act 2 is PL ok. I'll get it in the MW when I'm not on my mobile.
thank you, I'll put it in the MW for you, so it won't get lost among the posts. :) I agree, it's difficult to navigate the MW on the mobile.

Sonia
Ha! It never fails! I start patting myself on the back, thinking I've updated all my projects, and then someone reminds me that I missed something! :roll: Thank you!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: January 11th, 2018, 1:26 pmHa! It never fails! I start patting myself on the back, thinking I've updated all my projects, and then someone reminds me that I missed something! :roll: Thank you!
well you told me to keep an eye on the project, so that's what I'm doing :) don't worry, and no stress. You're doing fine.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Excellent, Craig! Oh, how I wish you had a bit more! You played him perfectly! Just a well-meaning bloke of a h'officer trying to keep the streets tidy. PL ok!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: January 12th, 2018, 9:56 am Excellent, Craig! Oh, how I wish you had a bit more! You played him perfectly! Just a well-meaning bloke of a h'officer trying to keep the streets tidy. PL ok!
is he the policeman abusing my Susan ? Not so well meaning. I gave him an earful :mrgreen:

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty wrote: January 12th, 2018, 10:11 am
mightyfelix wrote: January 12th, 2018, 9:56 am Excellent, Craig! Oh, how I wish you had a bit more! You played him perfectly! Just a well-meaning bloke of a h'officer trying to keep the streets tidy. PL ok!
is he the policeman abusing my Susan ? Not so well meaning. I gave him an earful :mrgreen:

Sonia
Haha you certainly did. Which I think is why he nearly took you in! :lol:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

here's Susan's big Act :mrgreen: phew, this gal has some anger management problems. But I liked doing the part.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ifihadafather_susan_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 14:57 min.

Hope you like it :)

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I did warn you that she had a temper! :lol:

I'll add this to my to-do list for tomorrow. I had a wedding reception and about six-seven hours of driving today (actually, I was a passenger for most of that), and it's midnight here, so I'll get back to you tomorrow afternoon or evening.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

James, act 2 and Susan, act 3, both perfect! Nothing missing and it just sounds wonderful! Thank you both!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Devorah :9: and here is the final act for Susan. Still a lot to be angry about, but I made her end on a happier note. I got the vibe that she had a bit of a thing for James, so I made her flirt a little bit. Or at least not scowl so much, which is the best Susan can do to be friendly :mrgreen: If you think the last line is out of character, I can still change it. Just let me know.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ifihadafather_susan_4_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:20 min.

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty wrote: January 14th, 2018, 1:39 pm thank you Devorah :9: and here is the final act for Susan. Still a lot to be angry about, but I made her end on a happier note. I got the vibe that she had a bit of a thing for James, so I made her flirt a little bit. Or at least not scowl so much, which is the best Susan can do to be friendly :mrgreen: If you think the last line is out of character, I can still change it. Just let me know.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ifihadafather_susan_4_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:20 min.

Sonia
Haha, I for one didn't get that vibe! She just finished calling him a sneaky reptile and a putty-lump, if memory serves! But then, nice calves might make up for some of that!! :lol:

I thought the more laughing tone was fine, though. That's a wrap for Susan! :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: January 14th, 2018, 1:50 pmHaha, I for one didn't get that vibe! She just finished calling him a sneaky reptile and a putty-lump, if memory serves!
:shock: right, I forgot that was James too...oops...but somehow the final sentence gave me that vibe. Also the sentence that James said to her, somehow. Maybe there is a future for them after all. :mrgreen:

Well, if you think it passes, so much the better. It was a challenging role. Looking forward to the outcome.

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

James acts 3 & 4..

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ifihadafather_james_3.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/ifihadafather_james_4.mp3

Taking note of Sonia's comment about her final line to James I have tried to make his final line a bit less unfriendly.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose