Hey from the Sunshine State

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
queenpanda

Post by queenpanda »

Hello everyone. Thanks for the opportunity to get some great use of my new mic and my passion to read :D

A little about me:
- I make a living as a programmer analyst
- Mom to an adventurous 1 1/2 year old
- Paw-mom to a 90 lbs boxer mix dog
- Passion to read, especially mystery novels
- Husband dislikes reading, but enjoys the summaries I give him about the ones I read
- I would like to pick up voice acting as a hobby, and a way to read 'in peace'
- Truly enjoy kickboxing
- Almost forgot, I speak Spanish also
MagicMan

Post by MagicMan »

Welcome to LibriVox Floridian!! What kind of new mic did ya get. Being bilingual is a much sought after skill. Looking forward to listening to some of your recordings!! If you need any help. just let me know. p.s. We came up from Cocoa Beach in 1992. :clap:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome, QueenPanda! Sounds like an active, fulfilling life. 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
queenpanda

Post by queenpanda »

Thank you guys.

@MagicMan - Just a Blue Bluebird SL Large-Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone. Cocoa Beach was probably better back in the early 90s than nowadays.

@TriciaG - trying to compensate for the life I wanted to have :lol:
MagicMan

Post by MagicMan »

queenpanda wrote: January 12th, 2018, 5:20 pm Thank you guys. @MagicMan - Just a Blue Bluebird SL Large-Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone.
Just, just? That is one SWEET MIC! I do not own one but I have heard nothing but good things about it. Very high reviews.
Cocoa Beach was probably better back in the early 90s than nowadays.
We moved there in 1976. Merrit Island did not have their mall yet. Everyone went to Orlando. It was a great place back in the day. Ron Jons was the hangout place. Never did learn to surf, was to busy sailing down the International Water Ways with a line hanging in the water.
@TriciaG - trying to compensate for the life I wanted to have :lol:
Seems we do this as we get older. :lol:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Mic-envy.....

Recording audio books may not be as exciting as kick boxing. . . . or then again, maybe it is 8-)

Welcome to LibriVox!
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Welcome aboard - . You've provided me with my new thing I've learned for the day - I didn't know Florida was called the Sunshine State :D .

Anne
MagicMan

Post by MagicMan »

annise wrote: January 12th, 2018, 11:29 pm Welcome aboard - . You've provided me with my new thing I've learned for the day - I didn't know Florida was called the Sunshine State :D .
Anne
They are also called the snowbird state. They are famous for both. Many people, including myself, have a second home were they can avoid the winter months in the upper states and head south during December through March. :D
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

What about all those alligators , swamps and hurricanes though :shock:
MagicMan

Post by MagicMan »

annise wrote: January 13th, 2018, 12:21 am What about all those alligators , swamps and hurricanes though :shock:
The alligators can be stopped most of the time with a simple 3 foot chain link fence. If you can catch them with a triple hook, they are quit tasty. As far as the swamps, it is a matter of how you are raised. Swamp people have some of the best cooking and are some of the best people on the face of this earth. Just think Cajun. As far as hurricanes go, look at California at this time, with all the death and destruction due to mud slides. Every location has its pros and cons.
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

In Australia, Queensland is known as the “Sunshine State” (as well as the state of cyclones, crocodiles, and long drawn-out vowel sounds).

If you guys ever decide to emigrate here, it sure would be effortless to change “Queenpanda” to “Queenslander”.

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox