TY Lynne, :thumbs:

Helen
Jammer44zg5m

Post by Jammer44zg5m »

I would like to read chapter 7!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Jammer44zg5m wrote: January 9th, 2018, 2:50 pm I would like to read chapter 7!

Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
Jammer44zg5m

Post by Jammer44zg5m »

Just a quick question, do I read to "General Israel Putnam"? I'm reading chapter 7.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Jammer44zg5m wrote: January 9th, 2018, 3:55 pm Just a quick question, do I read to "General Israel Putnam"? I'm reading chapter 7.
Yes... Israel is the subject of the following chapter.
Be sure to see the first post for the wording of the intro and outro
Pixxol

Post by Pixxol »

Hello! I just was approved with my 1 minute test, so this would be my first real recording!

I think I'd like to try the August 20 O'Higgins chapter.
Siobhan
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Pixxol wrote: January 9th, 2018, 4:11 pm Hello! I just was approved with my 1 minute test, so this would be my first real recording!

I think I'd like to try the August 20 O'Higgins chapter.
Hi and welcome!
I have added you to the catalog and assigned you section 23. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, it will take you to your personal catalog page.
All the information you need is in the first post, but please ask if you have questions.
Pixxol

Post by Pixxol »

Section 23

This is my first project attempt/upload, phew! I think this is where I post it after uploading, but if not, please let me know!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/greatbirthdays_23_olcott_128kb.mp3 Length: 21:25:51
Siobhan
NatashaFisher

Post by NatashaFisher »

Hello!

I would like to read Section 19 - June 9 Francisco de Miranda of Venezuela, the Flaming Son of Liberty. This is my first recording, so is that okay? I finally passed my 1-minute test. :clap: Looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Cordially,
Natasha Fisher
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Pixxol wrote: January 9th, 2018, 10:30 pm Section 23

This is my first project attempt/upload, phew! I think this is where I post it after uploading, but if not, please let me know!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/greatbirthdays_23_olcott_128kb.mp3 Length: 21:25:51
Congratulations on your first recording :thumbs:
Yes, this is the correct place and format. Thank you for giving the time (a lot of readers forget that).
What happens now? I hear you ask. I will add it to the Magic Window and Helen will proof listen. If she has suggestions for edits, she will post them here otherwise you can look for "PL OK".
In the meantime, you can go ahead and claim more sections (in this or other projects), but some people like to wait until after PL.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

NatashaFisher wrote: January 10th, 2018, 1:37 am Hello!

I would like to read Section 19 - June 9 Francisco de Miranda of Venezuela, the Flaming Son of Liberty. This is my first recording, so is that okay? I finally passed my 1-minute test. :clap: Looking forward to your reply. Thank you!

Cordially,
Natasha Fisher
Welcome, Natasha.
I will go ahead and enter you in the catalog and assign that section. Please read the first post but if you have questions, please ask.
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 23 August 20 Bernardo O'Higgins, First Soldier, First Citizen of Chile

PL OK

Great story and reading. :clap:
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
Pixxol

Post by Pixxol »

HZFerr wrote: January 11th, 2018, 2:32 pm sect 23 August 20 Bernardo O'Higgins, First Soldier, First Citizen of Chile

PL OK

Great story and reading. :clap:
Hooray! Thank you for the ok! :)
Siobhan