[COMPLETE] Practical View of Real Christianity by Wilberforce-tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LillisJoy

Post by LillisJoy »

Oh no! I just did a spot check of section 2 and realized something is very wrong ... I think a clip got out of sync and now all the cuts are not aligned ... yikes. Should not have spoken so quickly. :(
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Section 1 is fine except for 13:34 REPEAT: But it may not be improper here to touch on two

Section 2 God until about 6:05 where the problem begins. I'm not sure what happened. I hope you don't have to do all of it over again. Is this just an unedited file?

Oh, my -- just visited your blog briefly. I'll have to read more I haven't been to the African continent yet, but traveled a lot in Asia, including a total of 8 years in Korea, and most recently a trip to Nepal and India. (Also 4 yrs in Haiti doing medical work).

Looking forward to listening to the rest of your reading. So well done! (Great book, too!!)
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
LillisJoy

Post by LillisJoy »

Cutting out the repeat was easy. Fixing the crazy phase shift in Ch. 2 was ridiculous and I finally just started over. I didn't have to re-record, thankfully, because the original file was still intact. But I did have to make all the edits again. I'm not yet a very precise and smooth reader. I end up having to clip out about 1/3 to half of my recorded audio. :roll:

Anyway ... both are in now and SHOULD be fine. (Fingers crossed) My goal for this project is to get about one section done per week.

And I'm glad you've been enjoying the blog! I've not actually been to Asia yet, but I'm taking a group of students to India in about three weeks and I'm pretty excited about that.

:-)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

LillisJoy wrote: January 10th, 2018, 11:14 am Cutting out the repeat was easy. Fixing the crazy phase shift in Ch. 2 was ridiculous and I finally just started over. I didn't have to re-record, thankfully, because the original file was still intact. But I did have to make all the edits again. I'm not yet a very precise and smooth reader. I end up having to clip out about 1/3 to half of my recorded audio. :roll:

Anyway ... both are in now and SHOULD be fine. (Fingers crossed) My goal for this project is to get about one section done per week.

And I'm glad you've been enjoying the blog! I've not actually been to Asia yet, but I'm taking a group of students to India in about three weeks and I'm pretty excited about that.

Okay, I'll PL tonight. What you describe is about average for editing -- something I wasn't warned about. I'm still waiting to get better . :shock:
I recorded my first poem a dozen or more times, thinking I had to get it perfect before I caught on to the editing process.

I had only a short day trip into Siliguri, India, just across the easetern Nepali border. We had to postpone our planned trip to Darjeeling and Sikkim due to political unrest in both places. I hope we make it on our next trip, and we would love to make it into Bhutan, but that is not as easy.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Hmm. Slipped by me.
Anyway, I'm marking these all PL OK.

Just one consideration. For the project Section 03, you say in the Intro, "Chapter 2, Section 2 and at the end, "End of Section 2." I found this confusing.

I wonder if it might be better to use the LV Section numbers, in a format like this:

INTRO: "Section 3, Chapter 2, Part 2" and for the OUTRO just, "End of Section 3"

I think that keeps the reader on track with the sequence of the LV sections as wall as the chapter parts.

Tricia might have some suggestions in this regard, but thought I share my thoughts.
~ Larry
LillisJoy

Post by LillisJoy »

Hi All!

Just letting you know that I'm seriously behind schedule on this project, but I haven't given up. The last few months have been a bumpy road, but I'm hoping to be back on track soon.

Lillis
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

LillisJoy wrote: March 29th, 2018, 5:19 am Hi All!

Just letting you know that I'm seriously behind schedule on this project, but I haven't given up. The last few months have been a bumpy road, but I'm hoping to be back on track soon.

Lillis
Life is like that, and we all understand.
Just to let you know your DPL is still here. :)
~ Larry
LillisJoy

Post by LillisJoy »

Hi Larry!

I've finally gotten around to recording a few more sections of this.
Hope your weekend has been lovely and restful.

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

I just finished watching the movie about Wilberforce called "Amazing Grace" (not for my first time) and decided to search for any of his writings. So glad to see you are recording this, Lillis! I have enjoyed your chapters in F. W. Boreham's "Mushrooms on the Moor" as well as a couple visits to your blog.

But don't feel my interest as pressure to record when life doesn't allow. I do understand and am so sorry to read of your need for a second surgery. I am now nearly four years post thyroid cancer/surgery/radioactive oblation. Though my scans have overall been good, I know the way the strain of wondering and waiting can stab into life. But I have not had the pain of the repeated tough news and second invasive surgery you have experienced. I will be praying for you as God brings you to mind.

From one music-teacher/cancer-patient/LV-reader/child-of-God to another... Romans 15:13
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

So nice to hear your voice again, Lillis!
I'v listened to Section 4 and marked it PL OK.
I'll get to the next one just as soon as I can.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Section 5 also PL OK :thumbs:
Read with great feeling -- good for morning devotions. :)
~ Larry
LillisJoy

Post by LillisJoy »

HannahMary wrote: April 24th, 2018, 8:49 pm I just finished watching the movie about Wilberforce called "Amazing Grace" (not for my first time) and decided to search for any of his writings. So glad to see you are recording this, Lillis! I have enjoyed your chapters in F. W. Boreham's "Mushrooms on the Moor" as well as a couple visits to your blog.

But don't feel my interest as pressure to record when life doesn't allow. I do understand and am so sorry to read of your need for a second surgery. I am now nearly four years post thyroid cancer/surgery/radioactive oblation. Though my scans have overall been good, I know the way the strain of wondering and waiting can stab into life. But I have not had the pain of the repeated tough news and second invasive surgery you have experienced. I will be praying for you as God brings you to mind.

From one music-teacher/cancer-patient/LV-reader/child-of-God to another... Romans 15:13

Hannah,
Thank you so much for your thoughtful note. That someone with so similar an experience (you're a music teacher too!?), so many thousands of miles away, would not only find this project and my blog, but also take the time to read and reach out ... is ... divine timing. You have encouraged me deeply. Thanks.

I'm glad to hear that you are doing well four years out. Every day is a gift. May you know grace and peace enough for each one.
LillisJoy

Post by LillisJoy »

silverquill wrote: April 26th, 2018, 7:47 am Section 5 also PL OK :thumbs:
Read with great feeling -- good for morning devotions. :)
Great! And thanks. 8-)
I'm glad that you thought it "feeling-full" ... I found that section particularly fraught with grammatical challenges. Such long sentences!
LillisJoy

Post by LillisJoy »

Here's another one for you!

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

LillisJoy wrote: May 29th, 2018, 8:47 am Here's another one for you!

Section 6 is PL OK!
Your are fluent in Latin :clap:
~ Larry