Central Oregon here... And new to recording

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
JoshuaDickey

Post by JoshuaDickey »

Hello all,
Joshua Dickey here. I am interested in narrating and possibly other voice over work. I live in the high desert of Central Oregon. Just got some equipment and looking to start.
I have listened to hundreds of audio books over the last couple years as I am a welder by trade and have time to be taken to other places by those reading. I love to read out loud and have been told many times people enjoy my voice. That hardly means a thing if I am unable to get others to listen. I was recommended this site by a friend and have listened to a couple books through LibriVox in the past. I am excited to try my hand and the awesome task of Narration. Thanks for those that have been reading and making text available in the past. I look forward to our possible future interactions.

Thanks,
Joshua
MagicMan

Post by MagicMan »

Welcome! Glad you are here. This is a great community to help out as you are honing your narration skills. If you need any help, just let me know. You can click on my contact icon under my name if you want more information about narration. Have you submitted your one min test yet? Again, glad you made it here.
JoshuaDickey

Post by JoshuaDickey »

Thank you.

I got it recorded right after posting and then my wife started having contractions. :) Anyways I will get it loaded asap. Thank you.
MagicMan

Post by MagicMan »

Congrats on the new baby. Please take your time.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, hope all is going well for you and your family!

I'm also an Oregonian, although I've not been a resident there for a long time. It will always be my home. Raised in the NE corner, then moved to the southern coast, but went to school in Idaho, so the central desert was crossed many times! People are surprised when I tell them Oregon is 2/2 desert!

Anyway, I hope you will be able to go ahead and get involved here at LibriVox. There is nothing quite like it.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry