Old dog, new tricks

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
McBumble

Post by McBumble »

I've been a Librivox listener for years. I'm excited to contribute to a community which has given so much enjoyment to me. As a amateur vocalist who's used sound recording/auditing software, I'm pretty familiar with the technical aspects of recording and uploading files, but, honestly, I have no experience whatsoever with forums! Eek! I hope I don't make any dumb mistakes! At this point, I just hope I'm posting in the right forum!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'd never even seen a forum when I started, and many people are in the same boat - you are more likely to get more help than you wanted than less. So just pick out what you need from the welcome email , whip up a "technical test (aka 1 minute test) just to make sure we can use your recordings- we do need certain formats - and browse through readers wanted forums where eager coordinators are waiting for eager readers and are willing to help with anythingthat you need. And most of all have fun :D

Welcome to LibriVox.

Anne
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Hi McBumble,
McBumble wrote: I hope I don't make any dumb mistakes! At this point, I just hope I'm posting in the right forum!
looking good! :clap:
Your 1-minute-test will got to Listeners&Editors wanted and if in a post you find some blue underlined text is usually is a link, it's like beaming in StarTreck, just click on it and you're there :)
The other forums, frankly, I don't know :oops: I always just look for new posts and click on something that sounds interesting :oops: