Section 9 (part 7 of 7 of closing arguments) has been uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenev ... _128kb.mp3
Length: 35:08

Thanks! :D
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 06

2:40 John R. Miner, I hear John W. Miner, then John R. Miner in the next sentence. So I guess this should be fixed.
4:29 The dates attached to the overt acts, I hear act (singular), probably not worth changing
19:55 Steyks, Snaith & Co,; I hear Stinks, Smith and Co. (not sure if that's worth changing, either, unless the company is still in existence.)

Great comments on Prejudice beginning at around 32:12, and going thru 33:33
"One of the greatest judges of England said if you let out of the greatest man's brains all the suspicions, all the rumors, all the mistakes, and all the nonsense, the amount of pure knowledge left would be extremely small. If you take out of this case all the suspicions, all the guesses, all the rumors, all the epithets, all the arrogant declarations, the amount of real evidence would be surprisingly small. . . . . . . . .
Roger

Post by Roger »

Section 6 has been patched up a bit, and re-uploaded.
Thanks! :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 6 is PL OK. Good job!
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 09

26:52 ". . . or the supposed desires of any President, or the supposed desires of the public." I hear desired in both places (after a long string of "desires").
27:10 Position is naught. I hear Position is not.
29:55 "Inclosed within the jury-box, I hear with the jury box.

This was a nice summing up. Very oratorical. Ingersoll's comments on Suspicion (at around 7:00), on Productiveness, and Guilt I found particularly interesting. Was there ever a time when it was free to mail a letter in America? No postage? I will have to look this up!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 19 volume adjusted. PL OK.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Section 9, the first and third PL notes, has been patched and re-uploaded, ready for a spot PL.
The second note I'm afraid I don't understand? :hmm: "Naught" is pronounced the same as "not". If I'm missing something here, please let me know.
Thanks. :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

Roger wrote:Section 9, the first and third PL notes, has been patched and re-uploaded, ready for a spot PL.
The second note I'm afraid I don't understand? :hmm: "Naught" is pronounced the same as "not". If I'm missing something here, please let me know.
Thanks. :D
I say naught as in "Crate up, you naughty dog". Alas, I can't read Bing's pronunciation symbol below to know what it means.

naught
[nôt]

But here's a youtube pronunciation guide, via computer (can we trust that?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBQPs47HZfs

Lastly (then I rest my case), "Position is not.", makes me ask "Not what?" But, it's fine by me if you leave it as is. Like, as if anybody will be listening that closely, or as if I ever really use that word!!!!! Not. :lol:
Roger

Post by Roger »

Naught is a word that's not used very often any more. However not too terribly long ago, Frank Sinatra had a hit song (written by Paul Anka) which ended thusly:

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows and did it my way.

I state this only because I think this was the last time I had heard the word used, so I always kept it tucked away in the back of my mind. :mrgreen:
msfry

Post by msfry »

Ok, it is settled. Section 9 is PL A-OK, and so is Roger!

Who can argue with Sinatra? :mrgreen:
smike

Post by smike »

Hi Michele, life keeps getting in the way, so I'm not sure I'll make it after all.
Claudia

So much to do, so little time...
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

I just now looked again at this Ingersoll / Legal project to ascertain the status of my Section 20.
I see this: "dedicated proof-listener who will listen to all sections: neecheelok70"
I am pretty sure this is the first time I have ever seen this name. Has there been a change in the DPL?
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

neecheelok70 has been proof listening my sections. I am proof listening the other files. I somehow overlooked your Section 20 and will PL it very soon. Sorry for the delay.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thank you. Section 20 is PL OK. It was a difficult section to follow with all those twists and turns, but you handled it well. :thumbs: