[COMPLETE]World's Story 1: China, Japan, Islands of the Pacific - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote:
neecheelok70 wrote:Sonia, 25 is perfect! Happy holidays to you as well. Jim
thank you Jim :9: now you'll have a PL break for some time. ;) If you are still up for it, I will need you again to PL the two finished mini-stage-plays (31 & 100), once they are assembled. But they are far from ready yet.

Sonia
Alright, alright. I can take a hint. Here are two parts for the plays:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worl ... _128kb.mp3

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Alright, alright. I can take a hint. Here are two parts for the plays:
it wasn't actually meant that way, but if it incited you to record your roles, so much the better :mrgreen:

both parts excellently played. The attendant is quite serene, I liked that part very much, unfortunately it was too short :(
the second parishioner is very funny, in fact I am really looking forward to assembling that play because it promises to be VERY hilarious. :lol:

No textual errors, nothing missing, but:
for the voice credit, could you please read it the following way (only your part in red):
[Intro disclaimer], read for Librivox.org by Sonia as the Narrator, Nemo as the Emperor, Todd as the Attendant, Eva Davis as the Lady, Princess, Sara Hale as the Envoy and Tomas Peter as the President of the Council.
and
[Intro disclaimer], read for Librivox.org by Sonia as the Narrator, Nemo as the Rector, Eva Davis as the Curate, Tomas Peter as the First Parishioner, Todd as the Second Parishioner and Sara Hale as the Third Parishioner.
I will assemble the intro disclaimer that way, so it would be good if it sounded fluent (right intonation depending on where you are positioned in the sentence), so we all need to say it the same way.

Thanks for taking part, Todd :9:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Nuria

Post by Nuria »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Nuria wrote:Here is section 88:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worl ... _128kb.mp3 7:52
nicely narrated, thank you Nuria. And special kudos for not stumbling over all these difficult Japanese names :thumbs: Sounding quite good to my ear. I love mythology stories so this one was especially delightful for me to listen to. :)

PL ok.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote:
ToddHW wrote:Alright, alright. I can take a hint. Here are two parts for the plays:
it wasn't actually meant that way, but if it incited you to record your roles, so much the better :mrgreen:

both parts excellently played. The attendant is quite serene, I liked that part very much, unfortunately it was too short :(
the second parishioner is very funny, in fact I am really looking forward to assembling that play because it promises to be VERY hilarious. :lol:

No textual errors, nothing missing, but:
for the voice credit, could you please read it the following way (only your part in red):
[Intro disclaimer], read for Librivox.org by Sonia as the Narrator, Nemo as the Emperor, Todd as the Attendant, Eva Davis as the Lady, Princess, Sara Hale as the Envoy and Tomas Peter as the President of the Council.
and
[Intro disclaimer], read for Librivox.org by Sonia as the Narrator, Nemo as the Rector, Eva Davis as the Curate, Tomas Peter as the First Parishioner, Todd as the Second Parishioner and Sara Hale as the Third Parishioner.
I will assemble the intro disclaimer that way, so it would be good if it sounded fluent (right intonation depending on where you are positioned in the sentence), so we all need to say it the same way.

Thanks for taking part, Todd :9:

Sonia
Corrected files uploaded.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Corrected files uploaded.
thank you, perfectly PL ok now :)

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Happy to do them. I am ready whenever you say. Jim
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

another text by Marco Polo:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worl ... _128kb.mp3 (12:58)

Sandra
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote:another text by Marco Polo:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worl ... _128kb.mp3 (12:58)
thank you Sandra, flawless reading once again :thumbs: the city reminds me a bit of Venice in Italy. Marco Polo must have felt right at home.

PL ok

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hello, Sonia! :D

Here are my sections:
Section 31:

Time is 0:15

Section 100: I hope the word "hoy!" isn't loud for you. It's at 0:17

Time is 1:46

Section 121:

Time is 1:37

I'm looking forward to your feedback. Thanks! :9:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SaraHale wrote:Here are my sections:
I'm looking forward to your feedback. Thanks! :9:
thank you Sarah, I will listen to them now :) stay tuned

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Kitty wrote:thank you Sarah, I will listen to them now :) stay tuned

Sonia
You're welcome. Okay! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

all right, Sarah, I listened to them all, and they are greatly narrated/acted out.

I especially love the third parishioner. I was surprised when you talked with a deeper voice. You didn't even have to sound male, it could well have been a female parishioner coming along. But your voice sounds great like that :thumbs:

31 and 121 are already PL ok.

Only one thing for the voice credit in Section 100: could you say "and Sarah Hale as the 3rd Parishioner" ? Because you will be the last in that line, so you have to end with "and".

The rest is absolutely perfect and the "Hoy" wasn't loud at all. In fact it sounded as if you had decreased the volume quite a lot LOL it was probably louder before ;)

For the mini-plays 31 and 100 it would have been better if you had included your name or role in the filename (see how the others named their files). It's ok for now, since everybody else included a name, but otherwise you would have over-written the file of someone else if we all had the same file name. The name you used should be used for the final assembled file. No big deal now, as I'm collecting them all on my computer, so no need to change them now. Only a suggestion for next time ;)

Thanks !!

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Kitty wrote:all right, Sarah, I listened to them all, and they are greatly narrated/acted out.

I especially love the third parishioner. I was surprised when you talked with a deeper voice. You didn't even have to sound male, it could well have been a female parishioner coming along. But your voice sounds great like that :thumbs:

31 and 121 are already PL ok.

Only one thing for the voice credit in Section 100: could you say "and Sarah Hale as the 3rd Parishioner" ? Because you will be the last in that line, so you have to end with "and".

The rest is absolutely perfect and the "Hoy" wasn't loud at all. In fact it sounded as if you had decreased the volume quite a lot LOL it was probably louder before ;)

For the mini-plays 31 and 100 it would have been better if you had included your name or role in the filename (see how the others named their files). It's ok for now, since everybody else included a name, but otherwise you would have over-written the file of someone else if we all had the same file name. The name you used should be used for the final assembled file. No big deal now, as I'm collecting them all on my computer, so no need to change them now. Only a suggestion for next time ;)

Thanks !!

Sonia
thanks a million! I'm happy you liked them. I'm so sorry about the file name. I'll keep that in mind. Yes, I did. I found out that "hoy!" is very loud so I decreased the volume. Thankfully, I saved the intro for the 3rd Parishioner. I'll edit it right away and correct the file name for this one. About the male voice, I thought it would be fun to learn how to do different voices for the future.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SaraHale wrote:Thankfully, I saved the intro for the 3rd Parishioner.
:hmm: I hope you save "every" file you are recording :shock: I always keep my files neatly organized in folders for each project, until that project is finished and archived. We had a big crash last year and there it came quite in handy to keep the files stored on your computer, because those who didn't had to re-record some sections.

You can do as you like of course, but I prefer to be on the safe side :mrgreen:
About the male voice, I thought it would be fun to learn how to do different voices for the future.
:thumbs: definitely will come in handy some day in the stage plays. Your repertoire and possibility for roles is multiplying with each improvement you do. Excellent attitude.

Sonia