Greetings new family! - from SoCal

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
musicalmorsels

Post by musicalmorsels »

Hello all,

I'm Joanna, and I am currently a graduate student in musicology, which basically is my cover for being a jack of all trades. I am both a cellist and an amateur pianist who enjoys a good natured debate in anything related to the humanities and the arts. With experience in both the retail industry and some in special collections and archives, I can't wait to give it a go with narration. While being a professional Gollum impersonator certainly has its benefits, I hope to unearth my potentials in many other characters.

I look forward to interacting with all you wonderful people and eventually bringing stories to life!

Cheers!

Joanna
Musicologist
Cellist
Professional Gollum Impersonator
Mostly Successful Experimental Cook
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Welcome to LibriVox, Joanna, we are glad to have you here! Jacks of all trades are wonderful -- and I had to laugh when reading "Professional Gollum Impersonator." (My son and I are spontaneous and very unprofessional Gollum Impersonators after devouring the Hobbit last year sometime.) I hope you'll have fun here, giving voice to all sorts of other preciousssss characters ;)
Kathrine
MagicMan

Post by MagicMan »

Welcome! I see you are in to cooking. I have beaten Bobby Flay twice now. I should probably mention that it was not in the kitchen, I just had a bigger bat! :mrgreen: I love to cook!
musicalmorsels

Post by musicalmorsels »

Thank you for the welcoming Katherine and Magic Man!

Katherine that's wonderful that you and your son are getting in the groove with Gollum :) I'm sure in no time you both will join the professional ranks! I wasn't quite the fan of the Hobbit movies, but LOTR were great and perfect sources of ample Gollum voice samples.

MagicMan, I was about to say! Wow Bobby Flay! haha but I guess we'll take any type of win over him right?

Thanks again guys, and I look forward to becoming an active member in the new year to come!

Best,
Joanna