COMPLETE[PLAY]The Cabinet Minister by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1125
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » December 5th, 2017, 6:21 pm

“I don't think you meant to put that here!”

Sis and I are making a comeback, Todd. I mark the cards, she spots the mugs’ tells.


Joe
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
_________________
My LV catalogue page
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel

Ealswythe
Posts: 739
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » December 5th, 2017, 7:43 pm

No, I didn’t. Sorry. I meant to put that in The Gamester. :oops:
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14359
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » December 6th, 2017, 1:44 am

benderca wrote:Here's Dowager Countess of Drumdurris, Act 4:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_dowager_04.mp3
Happy Listening!
ah now you are definitely righteously outraged :lol: to see your poor chick marry my penniless boy :mrgreen:

PL ok yet again. I loved this part :thumbs:

Sonia

benderca
Posts: 579
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » December 6th, 2017, 6:09 am

Kitty wrote:
benderca wrote:Here's Dowager Countess of Drumdurris, Act 4:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_dowager_04.mp3
Happy Listening!
ah now you are definitely righteously outraged :lol: to see your poor chick marry my penniless boy :mrgreen:

PL ok yet again. I loved this part :thumbs:

Sonia
Ha ha ha! Right after I told him he needs to find himself a rich wife! He’s just taking my good advice after all!


Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14359
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » December 8th, 2017, 2:55 am

benderca wrote:Here's Dowager Countess of Drumdurris, Act 3:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cab ... ger_03.mp3
Thanks for your patience!
TJ
excellent and PL ok again :clap:

I somehow have a fascination for the shocking way you said "if in doubt - amputate". This dowager is a person to watch out for :shock:

Sonia

benderca
Posts: 579
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » December 8th, 2017, 3:02 am

Kitty wrote:
benderca wrote:Here's Dowager Countess of Drumdurris, Act 3:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cab ... ger_03.mp3
Thanks for your patience!
TJ
excellent and PL ok again :clap:

I somehow have a fascination for the shocking way you said "if in doubt - amputate". This dowager is a person to watch out for :shock:

Sonia
lol! She really is the hidden -- or, okay, not-so-hidden -- villain in this play.


Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14359
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » December 8th, 2017, 5:54 am

benderca wrote:...and just in case you haven't had enough of the Dowager and her motives, here is Act2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cab ... ger_02.mp3
haha indeed, I stopped counting her motives after I got into double digits :mrgreen: such a meddling old... well, let's stay civil. :wink:

I may not want her to meddle with my own business, but she is a great character and personality in the play. And I can assure you, you excelled in bringing her to life here, TJ :thumbs: So well done ! Can't wait to hear this assembled. I think especially your dialogue here with Sir Julian will be great. You playing it so bossy and Todd always so resigned, makes for an excellent contrast.

And PL ok again. Thanks

Sonia

benderca
Posts: 579
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » December 21st, 2017, 5:02 am

Kitty wrote:
benderca wrote:...and just in case you haven't had enough of the Dowager and her motives, here is Act2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cab ... ger_02.mp3
haha indeed, I stopped counting her motives after I got into double digits :mrgreen: such a meddling old... well, let's stay civil. :wink:

I may not want her to meddle with my own business, but she is a great character and personality in the play. And I can assure you, you excelled in bringing her to life here, TJ :thumbs: So well done ! Can't wait to hear this assembled. I think especially your dialogue here with Sir Julian will be great. You playing it so bossy and Todd always so resigned, makes for an excellent contrast.

And PL ok again. Thanks

Sonia

Thanks, Sonia! Your Kitty is fantastically played. I can't wait to hear our conversations in real time!


Todd, have you assembled the first act yet? I rerecorded the line with "Ballocheevin" in it. My Scottish friend told me she would no longer talk to me if I leave the botched up version for all eternity to hear... :wink:

If it's not too much trouble, I will upload the new version. It doesn't need to be PLed again because I only changed the one sentence and the volume hasn't changed.

silverquill
Posts: 7827
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » December 21st, 2017, 9:49 am

Just to let you know that I have not forgotten about the stage directions.
We had our move to a neighboring community moved up a couple of months, so these has been a hectic time on top of everything else. Then, I have found that this environment is so noisy on a busy street that casual recording is impossible, so I'm looking for alternative space. I anticipate some solid time next week. This is at the top of my list.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7325
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » December 21st, 2017, 4:33 pm

benderca wrote:Todd, have you assembled the first act yet? I rerecorded the line with "Ballocheevin" in it. My Scottish friend told me she would no longer talk to me if I leave the botched up version for all eternity to hear... :wink:

If it's not too much trouble, I will upload the new version. It doesn't need to be PLed again because I only changed the one sentence and the volume hasn't changed.
I have not assembled anything for this play yet - waiting on the stage directions (see above).

Thanks, Todd

benderca
Posts: 579
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » December 21st, 2017, 5:08 pm

ToddHW wrote:I have not assembled anything for this play yet - waiting on the stage directions (see above).

Thanks, Todd
Oh good. I uploaded my corrected version. Only the pronunciation of Ballocheevin has been changed.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cab ... ger_01.mp3

SonOfTheExiles
Posts: 1125
Joined: December 20th, 2013, 1:14 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Post by SonOfTheExiles » December 21st, 2017, 5:12 pm

My Scottish friend told me she would no longer talk to me if I leave the botched up version for all eternity to hear... :wink:

Say it like you mean it, TJ! :D

“Mah Scots mukker tellt me she wid na langer blether tae me if ah didnae fix tha tairible go fur aye tae hear.”


Cheers,
Chris
"Sorry, my tongue got in the way of my eye-tooth, and I couldn't see what I was saying..."
_________________
My LV catalogue page
Son of the Exiles YouTube Channel

silverquill
Posts: 7827
Joined: May 25th, 2013, 9:11 pm
Location: Pittsfield, New Hampshire USA

Post by silverquill » January 4th, 2018, 5:56 pm

Just checking in to let you know I have the stage directions recorded for all four acts. I'll get them edited as soon as I can. Tried posting this just minutes before the forum was taken off line this morning. We're snowed in here north of Boston....

Post Reply