[COMPLETE]More About the Roosevelt Bears by Seymour Eaton - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

More About the Roosevelt Bears by Seymour Eaton (1859 - 1916).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/more-about-the-roosevelt-bears-by-seymour-eaton/
To quote the title page, this book contains: "More About Teddy B and Teddy G, the Roosevelt Bears; Being Volume Two Depicting Their Further Travels and Adventures"

(Summary to be updated after I hear all the chapters. For now here is a summary of the first book in the series to introduce readers to the characters and style.)

"The Roosevelt Bears - Their Travels and Adventures" is full of fun as we follow the journeys and mishaps of two big, delightful bears. Tired of life in the West of America and eager to see places of which they had only heard, Teddy-B and Teddy-G head east. All ages will laugh and enjoy the antics told in lively rhyme - whether riding a train, donkey, balloon or boat, running a farm, attending school, or (oh, no!)... sitting in jail.

Book one can be found here: https://librivox.org/the-roosevelt-bears-by-seymour-eaton/
Book three can be found here: https://librivox.org/the-roosevelt-bears-abroad-by-seymour-eaton/
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/MoreAboutTeddyBAndTeddyG2
      Or if you prefer the full-color scan (which will take much longer to load): https://archive.org/details/MoreAboutTeddyBAndTeddyG
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

WORD COUNT NOTE: Since the only available PD copies of this book online are digital scans, we are unable to provide word counts for each section. But it may help prospective readers to know that each chapter of other books in the series ranged from 6 to 10 minutes final file length.

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================
      Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Action & Adventure

Keywords that describe the book: children, travel, adventure, mishaps

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Chapter [number] of More About Teddy B and Teddy G, the Roosevelt Bears. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "More About Teddy B and Teddy G, the Roosevelt Bears, by Seymour Eaton. [Chapter number and title]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
      • "Chapter [number] of More About Teddy B and Teddy G, the Roosevelt Bears, by Seymour Eaton. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say: "[Chapter title]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of Chapter [number]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of More About Teddy B and Teddy G, the Roosevelt Bears, by Seymour Eaton. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.

Save files as 128 kbps MP3
      morerooseveltbears_00_eaton_128kb.mp3_##_eaton.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number
      (e.g. morerooseveltbears_00_eaton_128kb.mp3_01_eaton.mp3)
    9. Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:
        https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: dlolso21
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
      Any questions?
      Please post below
Last edited by HannahMary on December 18th, 2017, 2:03 pm, edited 19 times in total.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

I have been in touch with David O about this project.
I would like to be the DPL to enjoy each chapter as soon as possible!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

A few questions about cleaning up the recording information post at the head of the thread (I am blanking out on what it is called at the moment.):
- Did I hear correctly that we can now delete the phrase "or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes" under point 7?
- For more continuity in the series of Roosevelt Bears books (and to save space) I shortened the book project title to "More About the Roosevelt Bears" though there is small print in the actual book title to make it "More About Teddy B and Teddy G the Roosevelt Bears." But I changed the readers' script to include the full name in intros and outros. Is that okay?
EDIT: I now see that the book title at the top left of pages in the text says just "More About the Roosevelt Bears."
- Could I shorten the file names yet further to morerooseveltbears_00_eaton_128kb.mp3 ?
- Do you think the advertisements at the end of the book should be included? I don't think we included them in previous books of this series, but I am fine either way.
- Should I remove the section about ID3 tags?
~ Hannah
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

HannahMary wrote:A few questions about cleaning up the recording information post at the head of the thread (I am blanking out on what it is called at the moment.):
Normally referred as “the first post”
- Did I hear correctly that we can now delete the phrase "or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes" under point 7?

Yes, 5 seconds at the end of a recording is fine; I doubt any of these sections will reach 30 minutes.
- For more continuity in the series of Roosevelt Bears books (and to save space) I shortened the book project title to "More About the Roosevelt Bears" though there is small print in the actual book title to make it "More About Teddy B and Teddy G the Roosevelt Bears." But I changed the readers' script to include the full name in intros and outros. Is that okay?
EDIT: I now see that the book title at the top left of pages in the text says just "More About the Roosevelt Bears."

I am happy with either version as long as it is consistent throughout the book.
- Could I shorten the file names yet further to morerooseveltbears_00_eaton_128kb.mp3 ?
Yes, please do!!
- Do you think the advertisements at the end of the book should be included? I don't think we included them in previous books of this series, but I am fine either way.
I separated them them from the last chapter when scanning so that they could be more easily be ignored. Please skip them.
- Should I remove the section about ID3 tags?
Yes, that is now part of the cataloging process.

I will set up MW after I leave work tonight (currently typing on phone). I will set you up as DPL.

David O
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Thanks, David. "First Post"... of course! I was trying to think too fancy, I guess. Don't worry about rushing, as I won't get to fill in the MW before Monday or Tuesday anyway. Just good to get this started!
~ Hannah
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Hannah,

The MW is started.

I was not sure if you were planning on doing word counts or pages to indicate how long each section was.

You might want to put a note in the first post after the link for the "colored version" that this version will take much longer to load than the black&white version.

David O
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

When you are ready I would like to claim 1, 6, 8 and 15.

So happy to see more “Bears!”

BettyB
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

dlolso21 wrote:Hannah,
The MW is started.

I was not sure if you were planning on doing word counts or pages to indicate how long each section was.

You might want to put a note in the first post after the link for the "colored version" that this version will take much longer to load than the black&white version.

David O
Wow, thanks for all you already filled in! And good ideas about the additions to the first post. I'll address the word count as I did for book three, which was also read from scans.
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

BettyB wrote:When you are ready I would like to claim 1, 6, 8 and 15.

So happy to see more “Bears!”

BettyB
Thanks, Betty! I have assigned your chapters. This should be fun!
EDIT: When we get the section numbers fixed, your chapter 15 will now be called 14, Betty. Please go ahead and use the extended form of the chapter title in the book: "The Roosevelt Bears Visit Washington, And Complete Their Tour of the East"
Last edited by HannahMary on December 18th, 2017, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Oops! I noticed that the section numbers missed a number, David. Could you change 14, 15, and 16 to 13, 14, and 15? Thanks!
~ Hannah
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

HannahMary wrote:Oops! I noticed that the section numbers missed a number, David. Could you change 14, 15, and 16 to 13, 14, and 15? Thanks!
Sorry about that. MW section numbers updated.

We should probably move off of the Launch Pad soon, which do think this fits in better Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose) or Readers Wanted: Books?

David O
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

dlolso21 wrote: Sorry about that. MW section numbers updated.

We should probably move off of the Launch Pad soon, which do think this fits in better Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose) or Readers Wanted: Books?

David O
Thank you! I guess as a reader, I would more likely look for children's books like this in Readers Wanted: Books.
~ Hannah
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

moving this to Readers Wanted: Books.
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Thanks, Betty! You are always so prompt! I will PL later today or tomorrow.
~ Hannah