COMPLETE [essays] The Day before Yesterday by R. Middleton -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
CrazyPonyBear
Posts: 2
Joined: June 5th, 2016, 3:07 pm

Post by CrazyPonyBear » December 16th, 2017, 12:35 pm

I am so very VERY sorry, but I can not do my reading. Been very sick lately, and looks like I will be for some time yet. I have to cancel my reading of Section 1. It's just not going to happen any time soon. I am so sorry.

DrPGould
Posts: 2793
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Post by DrPGould » December 16th, 2017, 2:23 pm

At the risk of being pedantic, the word "receipt" was used to mean recipe well into the 20th century and is common in 18th and 19th century "cookery books." (I have several "receipts" from my grandmother who would have gotten them about the time this particular book was published).

Hope this is helpful.

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.

JorWat
Posts: 1243
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » December 17th, 2017, 12:42 pm

DrPGould wrote:Carolin:

Here is the link for Section 14. Running time is 5:48.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/da ... _128kb.mp3

Many thanks,

Philip
I've marked this PL OK, but at 2:13, 'the name of Harold' should be 'the noble name of Harold'. I'll let you decide if you want to change it.
Steve wrote:Section 20 - Street Organs - uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/da ... _128kb.mp3

Duration: 11:31

Steve
PL OK!
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

DrPGould
Posts: 2793
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Post by DrPGould » December 17th, 2017, 3:28 pm

Jordan:

I have uploaded a corrected section 14 with the word "noble" inserted.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/da ... _128kb.mp3

Many thanks for your PL.

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.

JorWat
Posts: 1243
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » December 17th, 2017, 3:33 pm

DrPGould wrote:Jordan:

I have uploaded a corrected section 14 with the word "noble" inserted.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/da ... _128kb.mp3

Many thanks for your PL.

Philip
Perfect!
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

adr6090
Posts: 1641
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » December 18th, 2017, 10:23 am

Good Morning!
I would like to claim section 30; Children's Drama if no one else has already claimed that one.
April

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42341
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » December 18th, 2017, 2:28 pm

Thank you all :D
Carolin

Please help us finish The Theory and Practice of Brewing and learn about beer!

adr6090
Posts: 1641
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » December 22nd, 2017, 4:04 pm

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/da ... _128kb.mp3 time 09:09
Carolin,
Here is section 30.
April

DrPGould
Posts: 2793
Joined: December 12th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Post by DrPGould » December 22nd, 2017, 6:04 pm

Carolin:

May I claim sections 1 and 17?

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.

JorWat
Posts: 1243
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » December 23rd, 2017, 11:03 am

adr6090 wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/da ... _128kb.mp3 time 09:09
Carolin,
Here is section 30.
Hi April,

Here are your notes:

4:37: 'from which the children' should be 'from watching the children'
5:47 (not required): 'sword' is pronounced like 'sord'
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

adr6090
Posts: 1641
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » December 23rd, 2017, 2:50 pm

JorWat wrote:
adr6090 wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/da ... _128kb.mp3 time 09:09
Carolin,
Here is section 30.
Hi April,

Here are your notes:

4:37: 'from which the children' should be 'from watching the children'
5:47 (not required): 'sword' is pronounced like 'sord'
Hello Jordan,
re: 5:47
What is it you mean with the not required in parentheses? I do pronounce the w in sword, always have.
April

JorWat
Posts: 1243
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » December 23rd, 2017, 2:51 pm

adr6090 wrote:Hello Jordan,
re: 5:47
What is it you mean with the not required in parentheses? I do pronounce the w in sword, always have.
By 'not required', I mean it's up to you if you think it's needs changing. And it seems like you're happy with it as it is.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

adr6090
Posts: 1641
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » December 23rd, 2017, 3:01 pm

JorWat wrote:
adr6090 wrote:Hello Jordan,
re: 5:47
What is it you mean with the not required in parentheses? I do pronounce the w in sword, always have.
By 'not required', I mean it's up to you if you think it's needs changing. And it seems like you're happy with it as it is.
Thank you, I appreciate your leaving it up to me. I realize there is one more item that I need to fix & I will take care of that tomorrow.
April

JorWat
Posts: 1243
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » December 23rd, 2017, 3:05 pm

adr6090 wrote:Thank you, I appreciate your leaving it up to me. I realize there is one more item that I need to fix & I will take care of that tomorrow.
I think the main reason is to point out things that aren't required to be fixed, but that the reader might not be aware they did. So in this case, I thought you just had a brain-fart and forgot that 'sword' was a word. I apologize for not realising it was a deliberate choice (though in my defence, I did look in multiple dictionaries to see if it was an alternative pronunciation I was unaware of, and couldn't find any).
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42341
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » December 24th, 2017, 12:47 am

Thank you all! :D
Carolin

Please help us finish The Theory and Practice of Brewing and learn about beer!

Post Reply