COMPLETE [PLAY] The Gamester by Edward Moore - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:I (Saint) marvel at the Reverend Dean’s ability to simultaneously moralise and to get a bet down at 3am.
:lol: yes it takes some finesse to pull that.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I fear that I will not come to as happy an end this time as did the Reverend Dean....
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Thomas -- I have a second cold on top of my baseline one and no voice at all, for this month so far. Do you mind if I aim for the middle of January for Charlotte?
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

bluechien wrote:Thomas -- I have a second cold on top of my baseline one and no voice at all, for this month so far. Do you mind if I aim for the middle of January for Charlotte?
Thanks for letting me know, Eva. Mid-January sounds very reasonable. I don't believe the other parts will come in during the holidays, so there is no rush! :)
Tomas Peter
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

“I fear that I will not come to as happy an end this time as did the Reverend Dean.”

The Very Reverend Jedd Clampett now regrets his decision to load up the truck and move to Beverley.

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Beverley is recorded and done. Not a pretty sight. I must edit some of the more egregious passages out before uploading....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Beverley is recorded and done. Not a pretty sight.
thanks for the warning. Will I need handkerchiefs listening to your end ? :cry:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

If I did my job correctly, you will not be filled with pity, but instead be enraged into getting your torch and pitchfolk and heading out to find Stukely....

We'll see.

Thanks, Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

“enraged into getting your torch and pitchfolk”

I know Sonia is from a place with a medieval history, but you make it sound like she keeps her pitchfork in a glass case with the label “In case of vampires, break glass and apply”. :lol:

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:I know Sonia is from a place with a medieval history, but you make it sound like she keeps her pitchfork in a glass case with the label “In case of vampires, break glass and apply”. :lol:
it's not in a "glass" case...

Sonia van Helsing
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote:
SonOfTheExiles wrote:I know Sonia is from a place with a medieval history, but you make it sound like she keeps her pitchfork in a glass case with the label “In case of vampires, break glass and apply”. :lol:
it's not in a "glass" case...

Sonia van Helsing
Ha! We've got pitchforks a plenty here in the Bavarian countryside -- I see one right now in the tractor shelter outside my window... so watch out, Stukely!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Beverley. Pity the poor wretch that can't even spell his name correctly in the act 2 filename....
:lol: I had to look twice to see it.

Will PL right away !!!

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Beverley Act 2: excellently played out, especially the despair and outrage near the end "Ruined by friendship! I must relieve, or follow him." I thought to myself: can you really be that naive... :|

no errors found, but there is one line doubled:

> at 1:50: "Jarvis! Why this intrusion?—Your absence had been kinder." - there's two versions of this, did you forget to delete one or can Tomas choose ?

The rest PL ok.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Beverley Act 3: PL ok. Ah I see, you are wisening up, concerning Stukely.

Beverley Act 4: excellently played despair here :thumbs: This role quite calls for drama and you deliver 8-)

one note here:

> at 1:23: "Who, when he spreads foul calumny abroad" - I hear "calumity" which doesn't exist I think :hmm:

Sonia