[COMPLETE][Solo] The Seen and the Unseen, by Richard Marsh - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

I live in a very rural, poor, and uneducated county. The highest degree that can be obtained here is 2 years. A full undergraduate degree is about an hour away but graduate level courses are in the cities and those are 2.5+ hours away. I'm hoping for my PhD that I'll be able to transfer to a University were commuting by train is an option. It hasn't been too bad and I'll be finished in the Summer so it's almost over. Classroom time is all on Saturdays but there is also an online segment to each course.

I hope you had a great day!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

it's been some time, but I finally finished another chapter :) Here is the beginning of the pack of cards. I let you dangle on the cliffhanger for a while longer before I reveal the surprising outcome :mrgreen:

Oh and I am not a cardplayer at all and didn't know the first thing about Nap, but I hope I was able to read it convincingly, as if I knew what I was talking about :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/seenandunseen_05_marsh_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 27:04 min.

as always, no hurry :) Hope you enjoy.

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Hello Sonia,
Section 5 is PL OK! What an awful time this man is having. I don't know about card games either but it sounded great to me.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote:Section 5 is PL OK! What an awful time this man is having.
oh, a PL ok on the first go :9: thanks Linny !

Yes, I wouldn't want to be in his place. :help:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Linny, your wait is at an end, now you get to know the end of the story. I don't know about you, but I was seriously outraged when I read it. I am curious what you will think...

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/seen ... _128kb.mp3
Recording time: 32:23 min.

Merry Christmas to you, in case you won't be around the next days ! :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hi Linny, I hope all is well. I feel a bit bad for posting the next section already...but don't feel stressed that you need to PL immediately. I understand this month is probably all reserved for family gatherings. ;)

And here is the longest chapter so far. Believe me, I was glad when I finished recording it. :roll: Page-wise there will only be one chapter with the same length as this one, all the others are shorter. (hurray)

Recording time: 35:17 min.

A merry Christmas to you and your loved ones :9:

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Never worry about posting work. I’ll get there. We finally made it home again. I attempted to listen to your last section and made it 1/2 way through before my device an out of power so I decided to wait until I got home again. I’ll get to it soon. It’s very good.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

since the second part of The Violin is so very short, I recorded that one as well, so you can listen to the entire story together. Quite a sad story :cry:

Recording time: 6:50 min.

And now I'll need a rest from the prose for some time.

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Section 6 is PL OK. What a horrible prank! :evil:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote:Section 6 is PL OK. What a horrible prank! :evil:
yay Linny :) thanks. And I agree, I was outraged ! How childish can such grown men be ? This is teenager amusement.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hi Linny, I have started the next story. Here is already the first instalment, quite a bit shorter than most of the others so far.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/seenandunseen_09_marsh_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 9:03 min.

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Oh no! :oops:

Thank you for posting. I don't know where my brain has been. I completely forgot I still owed you a PL for a story.

Oh, wait. I do remember. Mom had emergency surgery for appendicitis. 4 hours of sleep in 3 days followed by the beginning of another school term. Ugh. I'll get to it soon. Promise!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: January 15th, 2018, 9:29 am Oh no! :oops:
Thank you for posting. I don't know where my brain has been. I completely forgot I still owed you a PL for a story.
Oh, wait. I do remember. Mom had emergency surgery for appendicitis. 4 hours of sleep in 3 days followed by the beginning of another school term. Ugh. I'll get to it soon. Promise!
no worries, I am far from finished here. Mom's appendicitis is definitely more important than my uncanny stories. I hope all went well in the surgery.

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Mom's doing much better, thank you. Staples come out on Wednesday but as of yesterday she isn't struggling with the pain anymore.

The Violin is PL OK. Such a sad little story.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: January 15th, 2018, 11:58 am Mom's doing much better, thank you. Staples come out on Wednesday but as of yesterday she isn't struggling with the pain anymore.

The Violin is PL OK. Such a sad little story.
yes it was :( the thought that the poor man died from hunger and all alone. Unbearable.

I'm glad your mom is pain-free. That's the most important thing.

Sonia