COMPLETE[PLAY]The Twin-Rivals by George Farquhar - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Act 3 ready as well. Quite a short appearance this time:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twi ... rake_3.mp3
Recording time: 2:21 min.

Nemo, I haven't forgotten you....but my parents are coming over for a visit this afternoon, so I will PL later

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote:Vintner Balderdash for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twi ... dash_1.mp3
Length is 4:10
Nemo
all right I'm back and before I finish Mandrake I took the time to PL the vintner. Not a very nice person, to be sure, but who am I to blame him :mrgreen: So far the characters in this play all seem to be rogues. :roll:

Nevertheless, nicely acted out and no errors found. You brought the hypocrisy of this guy well into the foreground :thumbs: PL ok.

And you have the honour of being the first role finished in this play :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Mandrake Act 4...I had quite a bit of whining to do in this act. Anything to get the job done. Lying, perjuring, witholding or faking evidence - you name it, we got it. :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twi ... rake_4.mp3
Recording time: 7:41 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and the final act was very short...Mandrake got what she deserved, I suppose :|

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twi ... rake_5.mp3
Recording time: 0:59 min.

Todd, once in Act 4 and once in Act 5 I did not leave free space for the stage direction "weeping", but permitted myself to weep in abundance, so I think we can leave the stage directions out there safely. :mrgreen:

Sonia
DannahDino

Post by DannahDino »

I would like to be the Maid in act 1 and the stage directions for 1-5
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

DannahDino wrote:I would like to be the Maid in act 1 and the stage directions for 1-5
I can give you one or the other but not both. Which would you prefer?

Thanks, Todd
DannahDino

Post by DannahDino »

Oh ok, I'll just take the stage directions then :D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great.

When you read each act, include the intro and outro given in the fist posting please.

Leave me plenty of room to cut character lines into your file between the directions, please. 3-5 second gaps are fine.

Please read the full cast list at the beginning of act 1. People are supposed to read the character name as well as the title of the character from the MW and then say "read by ____" but sometimes they forget the title. And please add "stage directions read by ____ your catalog name" at the end of the cast list.

If there is a stage direction after a character name in the script, such as "Fred: (picking up the book)" please read the character name as well as the stage direction (the entire "Fred: (picking up the book)") so that a listener will know who is doing the action since they can't see who is doing the actions.

Sometimes when a direction says how a character will say a line, I might cut that out in the final editing - if you say "angrily" and the reader really speaks angrily, I might delete your phrase - but I need you to include it when you first record becuz sometimes I think a listener won't get the reader tone and your words will be critical.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote:here's the first act of Despicable Me :mrgreen: oh my, 9 minutes of such hypocrisy, I felt dirty in the end. I decided on a more raspy voice, since the good woman is in her trade for over 40 years already, I figured she should sound older and more worn-out. I especially like when she switched to her real face in the end of the act :twisted: She is definitely not the poor caring woman she pretends to be.

I hope you like my characterization, Todd:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twi ... rake_1.mp3
Recording time: 9:00 min.

Now I need to try to keep that up for the next acts :?

Sonia
Very nice - well, not nice perhaps but exactly in character, you conniving and scheming woman! So nice that I decided you should have an encore and read the lines I missed for you in Act 2! (Sorry!)

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Very nice - well, not nice perhaps but exactly in character, you conniving and scheming woman! So nice that I decided you should have an encore and read the lines I missed for you in Act 2! (Sorry!)
:shock: you're not serious ! I didn't even check that act LOL ok, I try to get back into character tomorrow.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

final round for Mandrake then...I think my evil cackling has even improved over night :mrgreen:

I'm quite good at the hypocritical weeping scenes, so no need to insert stage directions there. But I tried "drinking" and I don't think I did too good there. Even though I was really drinking :lol: I don't think people notice the sound that much. So you can cut out that part and replace it with the stage directions, Todd. I just left it in once to show you how it sounded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twi ... rake_2.mp3
Recording time: 8:09 min.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote:final round for Mandrake then...I think my evil cackling has even improved over night :mrgreen:

I'm quite good at the hypocritical weeping scenes, so no need to insert stage directions there. But I tried "drinking" and I don't think I did too good there. Even though I was really drinking :lol: I don't think people notice the sound that much. So you can cut out that part and replace it with the stage directions, Todd. I just left it in once to show you how it sounded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/twi ... rake_2.mp3
Recording time: 8:09 min.

Sonia
Wonderful encore. You are one devious devil! PL OK!
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

May I read Clearaccount?
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote:May I read Clearaccount?
sure Alan, I'll sign you up, as Todd may be on the family Christmas table today. Thanks !

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

“Todd may be on the family Christmas table”.

I like your choice of preposition! :lol:

Sounds like Sir Julian is dancing the Highland Fling!

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox