[COMPLETE]World's Story 1: China, Japan, Islands of the Pacific - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
andreearux

Post by andreearux »

Hello Sonia,

I modified sections 57 & 62:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume01_057_tappan_128kb.mp3 (3.49 KB 3:43)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume01_062_tappan_128kb.mp3 (12.02 KB 12.49)

one mention: I re-recorded and overwrote the:
Section 62

> at 4:49 ( now is 4:44) : (p. 183 top): “there is room only for the neck” – you say “there is no room, except for the neck”. While I agree, it means the same, we still should not change what the author wrote
and I think it might have a different amplitude ... can u please advise on this part ? 10q
andreearux :wink:
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sonia, Section 2 is PL OK. :thumbs:
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Last edited by neecheelok70 on December 3rd, 2017, 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
wubwave

Post by wubwave »

It might not be much, but if section 27 is still available I can do that
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume01_106_tappan_128kb.mp3

[18:01]

Please tell me what you think of the compression and noise?
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok guys, sorry for replying so late, but unfortunately my weekend was not LV-friendly :( I will try to catch up on all my PL commitments today, but please be patient.

Thank you all (in block) for your contributions so far :) Will give feedback in detail later on.
Jim, thanks for PLing my section. I changed the status to PL ok.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wubwave wrote:It might not be much, but if section 27 is still available I can do that
welcome to LibriVox :) and thank you for your interest in this project. And a small section is always a very good start to learn the ropes.

I can reserve you this section for the moment, but please, do a one-minute-test first, to check you technical settings and all. You can post this test in the Listeners Wanted Subforum and someone will give you feedback on that. As soon as you get the ok, you can start "for real".

Can you also please tell me what name you want to be credited by, either your forum name or real name or any other pseudonym ? I need that to open a new personal Reader Page. :)

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok let's start with Brianna...thank you for the re-upload and amplification, however you must have amplified by more than the required 6 dB because now it is over our accepted limit of 92 dB :(

Could you please reduce with -2 (minus 2) once more and reupload ? Then it should be fine.

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

next: Andreea :)
andreearux wrote:one mention: I re-recorded and overwrote the:
Section 62
> at 4:49 ( now is 4:44) : (p. 183 top): “there is room only for the neck” – you say “there is no room, except for the neck”. While I agree, it means the same, we still should not change what the author wrote
and I think it might have a different amplitude ... can u please advise on this part ? 10q
I think the sentence has been perfectly patched in and I don't hear a disturbing difference in volume. Also all the other stumbles excellently cut out and the new recordings nicely patched in. Wonderful correction. Super well done. :thumbs: (I wish I had been as good at correcting my errors in my first few recordings.)

Section 62: PL ok

Section 26: PL ok
the end silence is down to 5 seconds now and the volume is ok, however the background noise has got amplified as well in the process. It’s ok for now I think, it's not too disturbing, but maybe one could consider a round of noise-cleaning after amplification next time.

Two notes still for the other two sections:

for Section 45:

> volume is ok but 7 seconds at the end are still there. Could you cut them down to 5 there please ?

for Section 57:

> volume is below 86 dB, can you amplify by 3 dB please ?

the rest is fine.

Thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote:Here is Section 8:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume01_008_tappan_128kb.mp3 8.26 KB
8:48
Jim
as always, flawless reading, Jim. Must have been a grandiose experience, visiting such a temple in the 19th century. :9:

PL ok. Thanks !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

realisticspeakers wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume01_106_tappan_128kb.mp3
[18:01]
Please tell me what you think of the compression and noise?
I think both sections sound fine to me. I noticed no disturbing distortion or anything and no background noise. I got pretty hungry when I listened to 106 :mrgreen:

Oh and I absolutely love your wonderful quiet way of reading :9: it was an excellent listen and I detected no errors at all. Perfect and PL ok, both sections.

Thanks so much for participating.

Sonia
andreearux

Post by andreearux »

Hello Sonia,

I made the changes and uploaded section 45 & 57.

Thank you.

andreearux :)
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

I agree. Quite grand. Thanks for the listen.