COMPLETE[PLAY] Orra: A Tragedy by Joanna Baillie - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

dlolso21 wrote:I just have to be careful not to confuse my day job with my night job. Here are the files.
aha I see you have it all figured out :lol: no wonder the outlaws have an easy game, if the soldiers are sleeping in the night :roll:

anyway....both roles are well characterized. I especially love the breathlessness you gave your soldier. It really sounds like he was running a long way to convey his message. :thumbs:

Outlaw both acts PL ok

for Soldier I found a missing line at the end of your file:

p. 90, there is an Omnes line: "What dismal shriek is that?" and since the soldier is also in that scene, I suppose he would speak this line as well (especially with your breathlessness this will sound cool LOL)

But I let you decide if you want to add it, as we probably have enough voices to make up a crowd in the end. Just tell me, and I'll mark it PL ok as well.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Sonia,

Soldier updated to add Omnes line, though not as out of breath now.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_soldier_5.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

dlolso21 wrote:Soldier updated to add Omnes line, though not as out of breath now.
perfect ! it sounds quite astonished (even scared) enough :thumbs:

definitely PL ok now

thanks, David

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote:
dlolso21 wrote:I would like to volunteer for the 2nd Outlaw (sections 11 and 12) as well as Soldier (section 18).
David O
hey David ! As Chuck seems to be off the radar for the moment, I'll put you in the MW. Thanks for claiming :9: It's interesting you would play the outlaw and the soldier...what will you do ? Arrest yourself ? :mrgreen:

Sonia
Thank you for backstopping Chuck and keeping this project going! (He hasn't logged into Librivox for the last 10 days. I have PM'd.)

Thanks, Todd
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

ToddHW wrote:
Kitty wrote:
dlolso21 wrote:I would like to volunteer for the 2nd Outlaw (sections 11 and 12) as well as Soldier (section 18).
David O
hey David ! As Chuck seems to be off the radar for the moment, I'll put you in the MW. Thanks for claiming :9: It's interesting you would play the outlaw and the soldier...what will you do ? Arrest yourself ? :mrgreen:

Sonia
Thank you for backstopping Chuck and keeping this project going! (He hasn't logged into Librivox for the last 10 days. I have PM'd.)

Thanks, Todd
Sorry everyone. My course load this semester is INSANE -- I'm teaching far more classes and students than I have in a long, long time.

Thanks for the help, David! I appreciate it. :-)
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote:Sorry everyone. My course load this semester is INSANE -- I'm teaching far more classes and students than I have in a long, long time.
glad to hear you're ok though. Don't worry, Chuck, I'll be here to help out if needed :)

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote:
ChuckW wrote:Sorry everyone. My course load this semester is INSANE -- I'm teaching far more classes and students than I have in a long, long time.
glad to hear you're ok though. Don't worry, Chuck, I'll be here to help out if needed :)

Sonia
Luckily, this project seemed to be stalled out pretty bad.

Okay, maybe not "luckily." You know what I mean. :hmm:

Need to record the narration soon.
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
unclejoe

Post by unclejoe »

Hi,
I would like to do Vassal Act 5

15 Vassal, Act V

if available.
Thankyou. aloha, joe t.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

unclejoe wrote:I would like to do Vassal Act 5
15 Vassal, Act V
if available.
Thankyou. aloha, joe t.
it is still available, and yes, I'll sign you up. Thanks, Joe ! :)

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

unclejoe wrote:Hi,
I would like to do Vassal Act 5

15 Vassal, Act V

if available.
Thankyou. aloha, joe t.
Thanks Joe!
PROJECTS
unclejoe

Post by unclejoe »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_vassal_5.mp3 1:24

Vassal (in Act V) uploaded. Thanks!
aloha,
joe t.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

unclejoe wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_vassal_5.mp3 1:24
excellent acting, thanks so much Joe 8-) You really sound fierce and eager to perform your vassal-duties for your lord. This guy is a force to reckon with :mrgreen: Totally good characterization. I wish the vassal had more lines now.

PL ok straight away.

Only one question: at the end you repeated the last line. Did you forget to delete the less preferred version or will you leave the option to Chuck ?

Sonia
unclejoe

Post by unclejoe »

If it is alright, let Chuck choose at this point, ok? :>) I might have forgotten. Or missed it. Or liked both and didn't know which would be preferred. (At one time God and I both knew. Now, only God knows. - either Wordsworth or Tennyson said this, possibly/probably many others from Adam on.) Thankyou!!
Kitty wrote:
unclejoe wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_vassal_5.mp3 1:24
excellent acting, thanks so much Joe 8-) You really sound fierce and eager to perform your vassal-duties for your lord. This guy is a force to reckon with :mrgreen: Totally good characterization. I wish the vassal had more lines now.

PL ok straight away.

Only one question: at the end you repeated the last line. Did you forget to delete the less preferred version or will you leave the option to Chuck ?

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Thanks unclejoe!
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

It's alive!

All right, I think we've let this project wither on the vine long enough. :-) Here's a couple of narration files for your consideration.

(And for the record, I plan on changing my personal credit in Act I before this goes into the catalogue. I accidentally said "Narration by Chuck W___," rather than "Narration Read By ______." I promise, I'll fix that soon.)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_narration_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/orra_narration_2.mp3
PROJECTS