COMPLETE[PLAY]Love and a Bottle by George Farquhar - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote:Thank you so much! I am adding Act 2 with the (hopefully) complete voice credit.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveandabottle_widowbullfinch_2.mp3
haha yes I can safely confirm: the voice credit is complete now :thumbs: better late than never ;)

And the rest of Bullfinch is perfectly in character as well. I loved the crying part, you really make it last here :mrgreen: Maybe Todd can merge Mockmode's voice in there a bit, for good effect. Although I'm not sure how feasible that is. :hmm:

Anyway, Bullfinch is PL ok, and that means, the final act can be assembled as well. We all have to wait for our editor now though, who is currrently AWOL for a week. So let's all be a little bit more patient here before the next play starts. Re-charge your batteries :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: haha yes I can safely confirm: the voice credit is complete now :thumbs: better late than never ;)
Yay!!!
Kitty wrote: And the rest of Bullfinch is perfectly in character as well. I loved the crying part, you really make it last here :mrgreen: Maybe Todd can merge Mockmode's voice in there a bit, for good effect. Although I'm not sure how feasible that is. :hmm:

Anyway, Bullfinch is PL ok, and that means, the final act can be assembled as well. We all have to wait for our editor now though, who is currrently AWOL for a week. So let's all be a little bit more patient here before the next play starts. Re-charge your batteries :)

Sonia
lol! I actually listened to my recording right after I uploaded it and thought: "zoons! that's a lot of crying!" I edited it immediately by cutting the crying in half. Maybe you listened to the first upload? If not, you're lucky!

Thanks for the PL!
TJ
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 now ready for final PL with the Widow's voice credit.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Act 1 now ready for final PL with the Widow's voice credit.
Todd ! you're back :) I really started to miss you. It was quite calm in our projects, and everybody was behaving their best.

And the good news is, Act 1 is now PL ok.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Glad to be back. And Act 2 is now ready for final PL.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Glad to be back. And Act 2 is now ready for final PL.
will get to it immediately. This project can get archived today :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

won-der-ful ! And Todd ! you really managed to merge the widow's crying with Mockmode's speech :clap: I don't know how you did this but it works great. :9: I wish there was occasion for more of these.

And my favourite scene in this act is definitely Rigadoon, Mockmode and Nimblewrist. I can well imagine they would be a favourite with the audience back then. A sort of comic relief. I completely forgot that Chris was impersonating Kenneth Williams here but it was a special highlight when I heard it again :lol:

I would only suggest one edit, or rather two:

> at 20:23 and at 20:28 - Rigadoon, foppishly and Nimblewrist, bluffishly, I think the stage directions can be cut out, and then the two Zauns/Zoons expletives would come out more fluently. And Chris and Kurt say them with the needed emphasis anyway.

Other than that. Excellent. Well done, the whole cast :thumbs:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I made the two cuts. Ready for Spot PL.

How did I do the crying with Mockmode's speech? Two parallel tracks in Audacity. It really did work well in this occasion - glad you suggested I do it.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:I made the two cuts. Ready for Spot PL.
Spot PL so OK now :thumbs:
How did I do the crying with Mockmode's speech? Two parallel tracks in Audacity. It really did work well in this occasion - glad you suggested I do it.
yes that's how I thought it should be done, but I never imagined it would sound that good. Somehow I thought he did some special magic here. But maybe it's the effect of speech over crying, which sounds different than two speeches together. Could be.

Anyway, we're done, and well done. The entire team definitely deserves a bottle now (and some love).

:mrgreen:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kitty wrote:The entire team definitely deserves a bottle now (and some love).
Disclaimer: this statement should NOT be taken as a carte blanche for senseless boozing and wenching.

Behave !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This play is complete. Audio files can be found on the catalog page: http://librivox.org/love-and-a-bottle-by-george-farquhar/

Thank you so much for giving us your voices for this!

The last Farquhar play (boohoo!) will be posted within a week....

Todd
jpercival

Post by jpercival »

Thank you Todd! Very much looking forward to hearing the whole thing!