COMPLETE[SOLO SF/FANTASY] The Young Diana - Marie Corelli-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I will drink to that.
Have a good weekend, too, Erin! :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Erin,
Section 11 is pl ok. It is hard to hear her valuing her life so little.
Have a good night!
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Hi Amy,

I have the next chapter recorded (well, I hope it's okay), but I'm out of office this month. Diana isn't forgotten, she's just waiting out her time...

Have a good weekend!
Erin
Off LV 25-28 March.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Enjoy being out of the office!
Newgatenovelist

Chapter 12 is ready for PL and is 31.08. I've been experimenting with different ways of recording and editing to see if I can avoid really long sessions for these chapters. I realise (duh!) that it would have been much easier to divide some of these into parts, and that I should have followed your example with A Romance of Two Worlds!

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/youngdiana_12_corelli_128kb.mp3

Erin
Off LV 25-28 March.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Erin,
I usually do that to keep some consistency in the chapter lengths for listeners, but I haven't been doing it very much lately.
Enjoy the day! (I can't wait to hear what Diana has gotten up to in this chapter.)
Amy
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Erin,
Chapter 12 is PL OK.
Cheers!
Amy
Newgatenovelist

Hi Amy,

Thank you very much! And I hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

You're very good, thinking of the listeners. I definitely prefer short or medium chapters to really long ones, but then, I've also just had a couple of really dodgy mp3 players that didn't handle long files very well. But as a reader, I reeeeally like shorter sections. I think that's just a nicer way of saying that I don't have the stamina for long ones!

Chapter 13 is ready for PL. Dr Dimitrius has gone full-on mad scientist in this one:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/youngdiana_13_corelli_128kb.mp3
(34.55)

Erin
Off LV 25-28 March.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Erin,

I know what you mean; I shy away from the longer ones too, especially if they are fiction. The nonfiction requires no "voices" so it is easier for me to handle a longer section, but less fun for the same reason.

As a fellow Corelli enthusiast, can I have your opinion? I am considering launching her Christmas ghost story, A Strange Visitation. Someone has named it in the book suggestions. It is not very good at all. Maybe it is a somewhat sarcastic take on A Christmas Carol. What do you think? It is that time of year.
Amy :hmm:
Newgatenovelist

Hi Amy,

Hmmmm. I understand your dilemma. You're right, it definitely is that time of the year, and if you were thinking of a group project I can see more readers coming to the project (if you put a sort of warning in the temporary summary!).

I like the idea generally of having everything by any given author available so listeners can make up their own mind, and not everybody has the same favourite novel. But I don't always put my money where my mouth is when it's my own recording! I often prioritise my favourites, and it's usually a question of how much I want to be a completist or do something for the sake of having a new thing in the catalogue versus how many hours I'll have to spend on it if I have a more tempting project in mind. That sounds horrible! For me, no matter how interesting Corelli is, I don't think I have it in me to read every single one of her other novels that hasn't been recorded - that's why I picked this one first. I would probably pick another fantasy novel if I were reading it as a solo ahead of A Strange Visitation. Were you thinking of doing it as a solo?

Erin
Off LV 25-28 March.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Erin,
I was thinking of having it as a little group project. I am not up for a solo right now.
As you said, everyone has different tastes so I shouldn't color it with mine. I am on the fence. Thank you for giving me your insight. She does have her bad ones, but after all she did have to making a living. I think the Strand or one of those other periodicals commissioned it.
I am hoping to PL Chapter 13 and enjoy this good one of hers.
Enjoy your evening!
Amy
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Erin,
Chapter 13 is PL OK. It is horrifying to hear her place her life in his hands like that.
Cheers!
Amy
Newgatenovelist

Hi Amy,

It is absolutely horrifying, but she's starting to rebel, thank goodness! There's less of the doctor in this one, and the professor comes back into it:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/youngdiana_14_corelli_128kb.mp3

(30.21)

Erin
Off LV 25-28 March.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Erin,
Section 14 is PL OK.
I wish she would just marry the professor.
Cheers!
Amy
Newgatenovelist

Hi Amy,

I was thinking that, too! The professor is so nice - and she even thinks the same thing in this chapter. Also, fair warning - Dimitrius quotes Shakespeare at her!

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/yo ... _128kb.mp3
(29.37)

Erin
Off LV 25-28 March.