RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Rob Marland reader section | website
ScottKelley

Post by ScottKelley »

RobBoard wrote:
Scott,

Thanks!

A good reading, but there are just a few small errors to fix.

-Your first line is missing a 'but': "I had dined forth today, but that you see the weather is cloudy... "
-2:42 "what is, then, man's best comfort". You say "what is the man's best comfort". I am not certain this is a necessary fix, but perhaps the meaning is obscured somewhat by the error.
-3:20 "They that did it, were but the children and the youth, and youth would break out in spite of his nose." Could you read that part of the line again? There are a couple of words swapped around at the beginning of the line, obscuring the meaning, and I hear 'despite' instead of 'spite'.
-6:18 I hear "believe it true, wife", when the line should be "because it is true, wife".
-7:05 Could you re-read "for as all your cockatrices maintain surgeons by their issues". (i.e. doctors are kept in work by the number of children born to sex-workers).
Corrected track below-

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cupidswhirligig_mastercorrection_5.mp3 (8:06)
Scott Kelley
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Thanks, Scott. PL OK!
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

I've opened up the role of Peg.
Peg: 60 lines. Kinswoman to Lady Troublesome. Falls for Nucome the courtier.
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hi Rob,

Here are the first two acts for the Young Lord Nonsuch. More will be on the way soon.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cupidswhirligig_younglord_1.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cupidswhirligig_younglord_2.mp3
Tomas Peter
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

If it please ye, 'ere be act 2 of Knight, it's what ye wishest, doth?

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cupidswhirligig_knight_2.mp3
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Thanks, chaps. Excellent readings, I enjoyed them a lot!

There are just a few small things to fix, some of them due to my own mistakes in preparing the script. Sorry about that. There isn't a modern spelling public-domain edition of the play, so the only option was to modernise the 1607 edition. It was probably inevitable that I wouldn't spot every error before posting the project, but I apologise for inconveniencing you.

Knight

Act 1 PL OK

Act 2
--5.55 I hear "appease my wrath" - the line is "appease thy wrath".
--8.40 I hear "No, ‘tis not how I see’t." - the line is "No, ‘tis not, now I see’t."

Act 3
I know you have not submitted Act 3 yet, but on proof-listening to the Young Lord's lines I noticed there there is a line that I mistakenly allocated to the Young Lord which belongs to the Knight. I have amended the script now, so if you are yet to record Act 3 then you can read the lines as they are. If you have already recorded Act 3 could you please add the line "Why, you have a husband alive!" which appears near the middle of the act. Thanks!

Young Lord

Act 1 PL OK

Act 2
--2.30 "life-devouring jaws" isn't quite clear, so I think listeners might not understand the image. Could you give that one another reading?

Act 3 PL OK

Act 4
--5.50 This is my mistake: I omitted an 'I' from a line, so it sounds like the Young Lord is referring to the Knight when he should be referring to himself. Sorry about that. Could you re-read "and I enjoy that saint incarnate"?

Act 5
--First line: there are a couple of strong plosives on this line "Why, did you not perceive it?". I wasn't going to ask you to re-read it, but seeing as there is something else to fix in this act I hope you won't mind.
--2.30 Another of my mistakes. I missed out the end of a line. Could you please re-read "and so extoll my thoughts into a heaven of joy."
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

The Young Lord's files have been amended and are ready for spot PL!
Tomas Peter
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Knight act 2 also corrected and reuploaded.
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Jason, Tomas,

Thanks for the very quick fixes. Both are absolutely seamless (even when I record in the same place, with the same setup, my voice sounds ever so slightly different. :| )
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

I can read the role of Peg if no one else has stepped forward.
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

MrsHand wrote:I can read the role of Peg if no one else has stepped forward.
Yes please! :clap: