[COMPLETE] When the Holy Ghost is Come - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:May I read 6, 13-15 ?
MaryAnn
Thanks MaryAnn! I've given you ch 13-15, as 6 has been claimed already, unless I could interest you in ch 8?
markwarner

Post by markwarner »

I have a question concerning the proper "reading" when a referenced verse is quoted - (i.e., (Rom. vi. 18). Am assuming this should be read as "Romans 6 verse 18"? Also, if I read earlier posts on the subject correctly, when a quoted verse is not accompanied by a referenced verse, it should be read as (i.e., "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Hosts: the whole earth is full of His glory.") [quote], Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Hosts: the whole earth is full of His glory, [end quote], unless it is read as a conversation such as, He said, "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Hosts:........ , during which [quote] [end quote] would not be used.

Think I have this correct but not entirely sure.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Yes, please give the chapter and verse of Bible references as you've said.

While I would usually use the "quote/end quote" method, in fact we will not be having the quotes at the start and end of each chapter - they are the same two quotes for every chapter and it breaks up the flow of the text too much, especially when these are such short chapters!
markwarner

Post by markwarner »

Thank you for the response. I was aware of the quotes at the beginning and end of the chapters being dropped. My question was more along the line of how to address the following type passages: (There are quite of few like the following and I'm wondering if this will distract from the actual reading.)

as an example: When the Holy Ghost comes in to abide, "the old man" goes out. Praise the Lord!

Should this be read as: When the Holy Ghost comes in to abide, [quote] "the old man" [end quote] goes out. Praise the Lord!

Mark W
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I don't usually. I try to imply punctuation with my voice as I read rather than making it explicit. However, like many things around here, there is no firm policy - it's up the reader to interpret what best fits the context. I try to think about it from the listener's POV - what would make it both clear and pleasant to listen to? Personally, I don't think saying "quote" helps in audio form most of the time, unless it's an actual referenced quote. If it's an expression or allusion I usually just stress the relevant word as I read and let that convey the meaning. So here I'd probably read it as:
When the Holy Ghost comes in to abide, the old man goes out. Praise the Lord!
In this case (along with the author) I'd assume that Bible readers will recognise the reference, and if they don't it doesn't really change the meaning.
markwarner

Post by markwarner »

Sounds good!! Really appreciate the advice.

Mark W
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Beth, can I take section 20, please?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Devorah, section 20 is yours!

Thanks Kathleen, those sections are now in the MW!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

May I have the privilege of reading 16,17,18?
These are particularly relevant to me.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Larry, please do! Maybe 22 as well, once you are done with those?
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 9 through 12 are PL OK. Thank you, Kathleen.
Pattymarie
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Patty and Kathleen! Great to see this project really kicking off! I'd better got on with my two sections... :9:
lisagoad6

Post by lisagoad6 »

ok I have been given the ok to move forward on recording :)

Next to chapter 4 (the one i'm recording) can you please add my name? LisaGoad

Thanks!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Sure! I need to do that on my computer, but you don't have to wait for me - record when ready!

(One of the biggest sources of background noise is actually your computer fan, so if you can switch it off or go to battery just for recording that often helps.)