COMPLETE[PLAY]Love is the Best Doctor by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

bluechien wrote:Sorry if this is a repeat question (probably), but are the prologue pieces open to existing cast or did you want new people to do them? :hmm:
I'd prefer to leave them open for new people so that lottsa people can be involved rather than double casting. We've only been running a couple of weeks, so I'm not despairing of filling the roles eventually.

Thanks, Todd
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

ToddHW wrote: I'd prefer to leave them open for new people so that lottsa people can be involved rather than double casting. We've only been running a couple of weeks, so I'm not despairing of filling the roles eventually.
:thumbs:
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
ZamesCurran

Post by ZamesCurran »

I'e been alerted that there's an open Notary role. I feel obliged to claim it.. (I believe this will be my fourth time reading a notary --- I think all in Moliere)
Truth,
James
---------------------
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ZamesCurran wrote:I'e been alerted that there's an open Notary role. I feel obliged to claim it.. (I believe this will be my fourth time reading a notary --- I think all in Moliere)
:mrgreen: indeed, you seem to be our notary in residence here 8-) I'm sure the listeners will expect you by now whenever a notary shows up.

BTW one of the notaries was in Dumas' Paul Jones, if I'm not mistaken. But most of them were indeed in Molière.

Thanks James !

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

well, here it is teh part of Monsieur Guillaume i hope it can be used, i dont have much experience in dramatical readings, in english at least
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveisthebestdoctor_monsieurguillaume_1.mp3

Anyway I´m opened to any change i have to do
One book to rule them all and in the Public Domain bind them
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote:well, here it is teh part of Monsieur Guillaume i hope it can be used, i dont have much experience in dramatical readings, in english at least
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveisthebestdoctor_monsieurguillaume_1.mp3

Anyway I´m opened to any change i have to do
Victor: NEVER again say you don't have experience in dramatical readings, because I know you have. I have listened to enough novels read by you that I know you read in character. How much experience do you need ? :wink:

This Monsieur Guillaume is just as PERFECT as I was hoping he would be. Immediately in your first sentence I had to giggle: this was Prudencia all over again :mrgreen: Just the same boisterous temperament.

I love the character you created. I wish he had more to say. PL ok

Oh and as for your English, honestly, when you said you were not so good in English, I was preparing myself for corrections or thick accent. But you're doing absolutely fine 8-) I don't detect too much of an accent (only a nice one) and you are reading it all perfectly and with the same clear diction as your novels in Spanish.
Nothing to fear here. (please claim more)

Thank you for venturing out here :9: I hope you liked it as much as I enjoyed listening to it.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote:here are the stage directions :)
excellent narration (yet again) Sandra. And this time had the added bonus of hearing a short preface :9: all wonderfully and somehow "freshly" read, with a sort of excitement in your voice.

All three Acts PL ok

Only one question for Todd:

the prologue has been correctly put before Act 1. But maybe we could also put the 1st Entry before Act 2 and the 2nd Entry before Act 3, to make the structure identical. :hmm: Sandra now put them at the end of Acts 1 and 2...which is an option as well of course, just not so symetrical. Your choice. Nothing to change for Sandra, as you can copy and paste the parts wherever you need them.

And finally, I need to quote a sentence by Molière from the preface:
Molière wrote:"I advise no one to read this, unless he have the faculty, while doing so, of catching the meaning of the business of the stage."
Funny that we should read this caution in a project that we are actually "reading", the very same thing Molière was warning us about. :mrgreen: Of course, he didn't mean us, because our readers are very well "catching the meaning of the business of the stage". 8-)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Only one question for Todd:

the prologue has been correctly put before Act 1. But maybe we could also put the 1st Entry before Act 2 and the 2nd Entry before Act 3, to make the structure identical. :hmm: Sandra now put them at the end of Acts 1 and 2...which is an option as well of course, just not so symmetrical. Your choice. Nothing to change for Sandra, as you can copy and paste the parts wherever you need them.
I will take a look at this when I edit the acts. As you note, I will not need any extra narration to do that.

Thanks, Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

I could read the part of “Comedy.“
TJ
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

benderca wrote:I could read the part of “Comedy.“
TJ
Thank you.

Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote:Ah, poor benighted fellow.....
:lol: indeed, Larry, but this was highly entertaining for me to listen to. :mrgreen:
I like the whining concern Sganarelle is displaying for his daughter’s illness, but when the topic of marriage is raised, he seems to be deaf LOL well acted out. Especially, in Act 2, the drawling out and quick sputtering to imitate both doctors was a nice touch :thumbs:

Unfortunately, you did miss quite a few sentences along the way, so here is my list of what needs to be added in or corrected:

Act 1:

> could you please give us a complete voice credit: “Sganarelle, father to Lucinde, read by Larry Wilson”

> at 4:43-4:46: (p. 150 top) “It is not that”, here repeated, can be cut out once

> at about 6:35: (p. 151 bottom): “Speak no more to me about her.” this should be said twice, maybe the second time even more annoyed, to make them sound differently

> at 7:15-7:18: (p. 153 middle): “…and of the other, for the benefit of a man…”: the pause is a bit long here in the middle of the sentence

> at about 7:40: (p. 153 bottom): missing sentence: “I am undone !”

Act 2:

> at 1:05: (p. 156 middle): missing parts: “Gentlemen, I pray you consult carefully…” (etc.)

> at about 1:07: (p. 158 top): missing parts: “Gentlemen, my daughter is growing worse; …” (etc.)

Act 3:

> at 0:29: (p. 164 bottom): “What the deuce !” you say “dance”, but I think he is astonished and annoyed because he doesn’t know why he would have to dance

> at about 3:52: (p. 169 bottom): missing sentence: “What do you mean by the marriage ?”

Sonia