TonyPS214

Post by TonyPS214 »

Tony Scheinman
The Voice with "Character(s)"
web site: http://TonyScheinman.voice123.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah yes, thank you Tony, these are inside the volume limit :) both can be marked PL ok now

Sonia
CamMilne

Post by CamMilne »

Hello! Please can I take on #14 The Merman?
Jude1972

Post by Jude1972 »

Kitty wrote:and last but not least: Jude, and then we're up-to-date with the PLing
Jude1972 wrote:here's my two....... I'm expecting to have to do number 4 again... wasn't sure if I needed to say "Chorus" at the start.....
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/songsoftheseaandlaysoftheland_04_leland_128kb.mp3 (02:54)
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/songsoftheseaandlaysoftheland_05_leland_128kb.mp3 (02:44)
hey ! I haven't heard you in a long time, Jude, but I see you haven't lost your wonderfully forceful narration :9: I immediately thought, such a shanty is predestined to be read by Jude. 8-) I can really picture the drunken sailors singing it all in a chorus.

Apropos chorus: no I don't think you need to read the word, it is only stated in the first stanza to note that it will be repeated later on. It's all fine the way you recorded it.

It sounds like you had big fun doing these two. Lovely rendering. Thanks. Both PL ok.

Sonia

thank you so much Sonia....... I will be back to choose more next week!!!! I'm off to Birmingham tomorrow to go to a book launch! just staying overnight and back home Monday xx
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Jude1972 wrote:I'm off to Birmingham tomorrow to go to a book launch! just staying overnight and back home Monday xx
sounds like a great little weekend adventure. Have fun !!! Is it one of your books that's launched by any chance ?

Sonia
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

CamMilne wrote:Hello! Please can I take on #14 The Merman?
Hi and welcome to librivox!

You are welcome to read that section. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

I see you have already completed your testrecording, so you can get started right away. I only need your catalogue info to sign you up officially :) thank you!
Carolin
StephenChristie

Post by StephenChristie »

Sorry for being a little slow on this. I've been traveling, and while I brought a nice recorder with me, never got it set up. I'll hopefully have some stuff next week.
busbyhr

Post by busbyhr »

Namaste Carolin, :9:

Thank you for your note - apologies for the delayed response. I just noticed someone else has asked to read the Merman #14 which I requested last week and already began working on. I'm sure this is common so I'm wondering what to do. Can we split the poem? I'll finish my reading by Wednesday either way. I just hope it's included.

You asked for the name I'd like to go by and I'm honestly not sure. Can I just use my full name Hilary Busby for now and change later? Also, how much editing should I do before posting it in the forum(s)? For example, do I need to remove breaths or any other "artifacts" beforehand? Or is it expected that readers just send their raw reading unedited and the listeners treat the recording?

Thanks so much for your guidance!!!

Hilary
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you stephen!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

busbyhr wrote:Namaste Carolin, :9:

Thank you for your note - apologies for the delayed response. I just noticed someone else has asked to read the Merman #14 which I requested last week and already began working on. I'm sure this is common so I'm wondering what to do. Can we split the poem? I'll finish my reading by Wednesday either way. I just hope it's included.

You asked for the name I'd like to go by and I'm honestly not sure. Can I just use my full name Hilary Busby for now and change later? Also, how much editing should I do before posting it in the forum(s)? For example, do I need to remove breaths or any other "artifacts" beforehand? Or is it expected that readers just send their raw reading unedited and the listeners treat the recording?

Thanks so much for your guidance!!!

Hilary
Hi hilary,

I cant reserve sections for readers unless i have their catalog info. This is why i could assign this section neither to you nor to cammilne until now. But now that you got back to me i could create your catalog page, it is here https://librivox.org/reader/12049 i will write to the other reader.

Please edit your recording until you think it is ready for the catalog, then submit. There should be no repeats or errors, the sound should be clear, no excessive background noise and correct volume. If you need help editing, check the wiki http://wiki.librivox.org/ and ask if you need any help :)
Carolin
Jude1972

Post by Jude1972 »

Kitty wrote:
Jude1972 wrote:I'm off to Birmingham tomorrow to go to a book launch! just staying overnight and back home Monday xx
sounds like a great little weekend adventure. Have fun !!! Is it one of your books that's launched by any chance ?

Sonia

noooooooooooooooooooo it's not!!!! I did have a good time though
Jude1972

Post by Jude1972 »

Please can I have 17 - Bold Robin Rover......
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you jude :)
Carolin