COMPLETE Micah Clarke by Arthur Conan Doyle -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

hi jim, hows it going with this project? :)
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

unless there was activity during the crash in october it looks like the last section for this project came in in may last year. so this project is up for abandoning on may 1st unless jim comes back for it :)
Carolin
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Carolin,
I wasn't DPL but I was keeping an eye on this project. There was no update during the crash and the MW was never update as to Chapter 2 also having PL notes.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

linny wrote:the MW was never update as to Chapter 2 also having PL notes.
That at least is now fixed :)
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

this project is marked abandoned after not hearing from the soloist in about a year.
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Chapter XVIII Of Master Stephen Timewell, Mayor of Taunton

part 1
please read until
At last, on some question of fortification, the Mayor drew his outworks with the spoons and knives, on which Saxon opened his parallels with lines of bread, and pushing them rapidly up with traverses and covered ways, he established himself upon the re-entering angle of the Mayor’s redoubt. This opened up a fresh question as to counter-mines, with the result that the dispute raged with renewed vigour.

part 2
please start at
Whilst this friendly strife was proceeding between the elders, Sir Gervas Jerome and Mistress Ruth had fallen into conversation at the other side of the table. I have seldom seen, my dear children, so beautiful a face as that of this Puritan damsel; and it was beautiful with that sort of modest and maidenly comeliness where the features derive their sweetness from the sweet soul which shines through them.

Chapter XXIII Of the Snare on the Weston Road

part 1
please read until
As long as no one interfered with them they were seldom the first to break the peace. Then, why had they lain in wait for me, who had never injured them? Could it possibly be that I had been betrayed? I was still turning over these questions in my mind when we all came to a halt, and the Captain blew a shrill note on a whistle which hung round his neck.

part 2
please start at
The place where we found ourselves was the darkest and most rugged spot in the whole wild gorge. On either side great cliffs shot up, which arched over our heads, with a fringe of ferns and bracken on either lip, so that the dark sky and the few twinkling stars were well-nigh hid. Great black rocks loomed vaguely out in the shadowy light, while in front a high tangle of what seemed to be brushwood barred our road.

Chapter XXXII Of the Onfall at Sedgemoor

part 1
please read until
Further down for half a mile or more the long rolling cloud of smoke, with petulant flashes of flame spurting out through it, showed that every one of our raw regiments was bearing its part manfully. The cannon on the left had ceased firing. The Dutch gunners had left the Islanders to settle their own quarrels, and were scampering back to Bridgewater, leaving their silent pieces to the Royal Horse.

part 2
please start at
The battle was in this state when there rose a cry of ‘The King, the King!’ and Monmouth rode through our ranks, bare-headed and wild-eyed, with Buyse, Wade, and a dozen more beside him. They pulled up within a spear’s-length of me, and Saxon, spurring forward to meet them, raised his sword to the salute.

Chapter XXXV Of the Devil in Wig and Gown

part 1
please read until
I am grieved to say that I have seen not only men, but even my own countrywomen, and ladies of title to boot, wringing their hands and bewailing themselves because they were unable to get any of the poor Somersetshire folk to sell as slaves. Indeed, it was only with difficulty that they could be made to see that their claim upon Government did not give them the right of seizing any burgher or peasant who might come in their way, and shipping him right off for the Plantations.

part 2
please start at
Well, my dear grandchildren, from night to night through this long and weary winter I have taken you back with me into the past, and made you see scenes the players in which are all beneath the turf, save that perhaps here and there some greybeard like myself may have a recollection of them. I understand that you, Joseph, have every morning set down upon paper that which I have narrated the night before.
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

this project is now ready to go again :)

all readers and a dpl are most welcome. lets finish up this abandoned solo :)
Carolin
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I would like to take Section 3. I really want to do the Appendix, but will hold off on claiming until I have time to do it.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you larry!
Carolin
linny

Post by linny »

Would it be alright if I edited chapters 1 and 2?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Absolutely, linny. That would be very helpful :)
Carolin
linny

Post by linny »

linny wrote:PL notes for chapter 1
11:00 Pause before "from here".
11:05 Background noise (I couldn’t remove this but it’s background and not too harsh)
25:08 Background noise
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/micahclarke_01_doyle_128kb.mp3 25:16
linny wrote:PL notes for chapter 2
7:24 stumble on "absolutely"
15:49 stumble on "that I did not"
25:06 background noise. Sounds like a snap. (I couldn’t remove, again it’s background)
26:03 stumble on "we crouched behind the cover"
30:47 background noise. Sounds like a single knock.
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/micahclarke_02_doyle_128kb.mp3 31:16
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

Hi Carolin

May I do 4-5-6-7.

john
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

:D May I DPL?
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.