Thanks. Sounds great now.

Todd
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 14 - Mr Malderton - A City merchant

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 19 - Mr Jacob Barton - A grocer - brother to Mrs Malderton

There are a few things that I am unsure of on this one...

First, there is a line [Mr. Maldertone coughs violently.] For if a man's above his business -----

It appears on top of page 23 of the text and would occur at ~1:40m of this recording...if it belongs to this role.

***REFERENCE : Todd, please weigh in on this. It may belong to Mr. Malderton, in which case I missed it on that recording. Eventually it will have to be added to complete this work.

Todd says "It is in this role." Please add it to the recording. Thanks.

Second, the recording for this section should end at ~1:43, but a further 8m is recorded. Is this a mistake, or did I miss something?

Thanks.
Last edited by afutterer on October 30th, 2017, 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 21 - A Linen Draper

PL OK
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 01 - Mrs Tibbs Boarding House - From Sketches by Boz

PL OK
Anthony

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you for all the PL!
afutterer wrote:PL NOTES:

First, there is a line [Mr. Maldertone coughs violently.] For if a man's above his business -----

It appears on top of page 23 of the text and would occur at ~1:40m of this recording...if it belongs to this role.

Todd, please weigh in on this. It may belong to Mr. Malderton, in which case I missed it on that recording. Eventually it will have to be added to complete this work.

Second, the recording for this section should end at ~1:43, but a further 8m is recorded. Is this a mistake, or did I miss something?

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure the line at the top of p23 belongs to Mr Barton and needs to be in this file. In my opinion Mr Malderton is coughing to get him to shut up.

(I found it very strange that when I went to Archive the file opened on p23. VERY freaky! How did it know that was where I wanted to be??)

Thanks, Todd
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Whoa! How freaky! ha.

Ok, I will enter a new post for the file.
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

It appears on top of page 23 of the text and would occur at ~1:40m of this recording.

Thanks.
Anthony

ScottKelley

Post by ScottKelley »

afutterer wrote:PL NOTES:

It appears on top of page 23 of the text and would occur at ~1:40m of this recording.

Thanks.

Here is the track with added line and trimmed out time after 1:43.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/shortplaysfromdickens_mrjacobbarton_2.mp3 (9:58)

Thanks!
Scott
Scott Kelley
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Thanks Scott! I will check it soon.
Anthony

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Nicely voiced - but there are about a dozen lines missing from this file, particularly near the beginning and end. Did you cut out stuff while editing?

Thanks, Todd
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

Maybe I am missing something here...I still have the same errors present. Did you accidentally upload the wrong file?
Anthony