[Complete] Humorous Readings and Recitations by L. Wagner

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Jim:

Congratulations on an excellent first reading. You have an excellent voice and you read very clearly and with terrific expression. Well done! :clap:

You also surmounted your technical obstacles--the file is technically ok. There is just one thing however keeping me from marking it PL-OK. You omitted the name of the author of the piece in the introduction. It was George Augustus Sala.

There should be no need for you to record the entire piece over, just the name and paste it into the audio at the appropriate place in the intro. (Should you need help with that, there are pages in the Librivox wiki.) Once you have done that, re-upload the file with the same name.

Many thanks and good job!

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
jimsvox4

Post by jimsvox4 »

Hi Philip

Many thanks for the feedback - I'm relieved that, apart from the omission of the author's name (!!) the reading and file upload was good.

I shall insert the name and reload as soon as possible.

Jim
jimsvox4

Post by jimsvox4 »

Philip

Here is the file for chapter 35 with the author's name inserted. I have used the Checker, and it comes in at 89.6dB.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/humorousreadingsandrecitations_35_wagner_128kb.mp3

Jim
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Jim:

Section 35 is PL-OK! :clap: For whatever reason, your new file substituted a different title for the piece. So I took the author's name from the second file and pasted it into #1 and voila! (I don't usually do that--but I had some extra time today.)

Hope this was the first of many pleasurable readings you do for Librivox!

Many thanks,

Philip
jimsvox4

Post by jimsvox4 »

Hi Philip

Many thanks for that - I'm still finding my way, so I'm surprised it's gone through with not as many errors as there might have been!

Looking forward to more stories!

Jim
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

You're doing great! I haven't been here all that long myself (first section recorded this past April), and I've made (and continue to make) plenty of mistakes--but I've found all the folks here at Librivox very patient and willing to help.

Keep up the good reading!

Philip
jimsvox4

Post by jimsvox4 »

Hi Philip

That's very reassuring! It seems a lot to take on board, but with your help and that of the lovely community here, I'm sure I'll fit in as you have done/are doing.

Thanks again and I've already seen a few other short stories I'd like to read, and learn the ropes as we all go!

Jim
jimsvox4

Post by jimsvox4 »

Hi Philip/Lynnet

Here is Chapter 8 A Journey In Search Of Nothing:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/humorousreadingsandrecitations_08_wagner_128.mp3

Best wishes
Jim
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Jim:

Section 8 is PL-OK! A note for future reference...always post the running length for the file when you upload it. It is essential for cataloging purposes. (I "fixed it" this time).

Many thanks,

Philip
Last edited by DrPGould on October 23rd, 2017, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JuliaMikheeva

Post by JuliaMikheeva »

Section 3. Slightly Deaf by B. Hemming
Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/humorousreadingsandrecitations_03_wagner_128kb.mp3
Duration: 20:07

Please, inform me if anything has to be changed/corrected.
Thank you very much!
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Julia Mikheeva:

Section 3 is PL-0K! Very nicely read!

Many thanks,

Philip
jimsvox4

Post by jimsvox4 »

Hi Philip

Many thanks for 'fixing' the omission of the running time - I'll keep a printed out list of the upload requirements to help me remember!

Best wishes
Jim
JuliaMikheeva

Post by JuliaMikheeva »

Oh, thank you!
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Julia:

You are welcome. There are still three sections remaining if you'd like to do another.

Philip
JuliaMikheeva

Post by JuliaMikheeva »

Philip, I'm not sure if I will be able to manage the ones that are left :) They all seem a bit intimidating ;)
I will run a few tests and, if I succeed in reading them properly, I will probably take one and record it.