[COMPLETE] An Exchange of Souls by Barry Pain

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote:Well, doesn't that just figure! The one term that I needed to work on, and even practiced. Sheesh! :roll:
Thanks Sonia. Chapter 3 has been patched and uploaded, and hopefully it came out better this time.
Great, Roger, so my ears were not deceiving me, because this time I do hear tisica. :wink: Excellently patched in again.

Now PL ok.

And yes I agree…the irony of practicing words is that we’re all the more surprised if we still do mistakes LOL

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter 4, uploaded and posted. Enjoy!

Thanks! :D
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I start really to dislike this Myas. But I suppose that's what's wanted by the author. And this Vulsame is quite a despicable person as well, although I had to laugh at this part: "he called me Sir before the champagne and Old Cock afterwards " LOL how rude !!! :mrgreen:

everything well read again, and the story is still interesting. We probably soon will learn what kind of experiments the good doctor is performing on the poor people

I have two small notes (probably only the first to be corrected though):

> at 2:00: "to see that appalling abomination" (p. 40) - you said "appealing" which I found highly interesting, as some things can be so abominable that they have a fascinating appeal on people. But I think our author really is straight-out appalled here

> at 7:43: "said the fat voice indignantly" (p. 45) - you say "woman", and since the text already stated it was a female voice, I don't think this needs to be corrected, unless you want to for comic effect

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Quite a different meaning between "appealing" and "appalling", I'd say, at least in the context intended by the author.

Thanks for pointing out these two glaring errors! Both have been fixed.

Chapter 4 has been patched and re-uploaded.
Thanks!! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote:Quite a different meaning between "appealing" and "appalling", I'd say, at least in the context intended by the author.
yes I quite agree LOL

both errors nicely patched up and PL ok now.

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter 5 has been posted, ready for a listen at your convenience. Enjoy!

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yay another chapter. And a good one and perfectly read without any funny bloopers this time :mrgreen:

PL ok right away.

The marriage bomb being dropped at the end was quite :shock: ! Myas definitely wants to abuse the poor girl for some sinister experiment I would bet. This still proves highly interesting.

Thanks for another great chapter ! :D

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter 6, uploaded, posted, and ready for a listen.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote:Chapter 6, uploaded, posted, and ready for a listen.
well well well, the marriage is only for show, who would have thought LOL hmm interesting that the girl is learning so fast. I really wonder what those two are up to :hmm: Myas is more than reluctant to really explain the whole thing, only innuendoes.

Well I found a small thing which is different in the book, and it might be nothing and you can ignore it, only I have to note it down, as my "grammatical" radar is flagging this. (I'm a sucker for grammar, sorry).

> at 9:02: (p. 73 top) - "and she understood all that at once" - you say "understands" - so if it doesn't matter, feel free to ignore it, but to me it sounds a bit strange with the time concordance of the sentence

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Yes, I agree that the past tense doesn't fit with the rest of this part of the dialog.
So .... chapter 6 has been patched and re-uploaded. Spot PL at your convenience.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote:Yes, I agree that the past tense doesn't fit with the rest of this part of the dialog.
you mean the present tense ;) but yes, that was my feeling as well and I thought I'd better mention it.

Perfectly corrected, yet again and PL ok now.

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Yeah, present tense. That's what I meant. See? Sometimes I don't even write what I intend to. :roll:

OK, now that's settled. Feast your ears upon chapter 7 at your convenience. It's an ..... interesting one. :wink:

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote:Feast your ears upon chapter 7 at your convenience. It's an ..... interesting one. :wink:
:shock: Myas is DEAD ! I didn't see that one coming. Well at least not so soon. What about his experiments now ? Or wait, maybe the narrator and Miss Lade now play a pair of Frankensteins and raise him from the dead...or implant his soul in some other body or something. Isn't that what the book should be all about ?

Well, the author knows about hooking cliffhangers.

PL ok

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Well, you've had a few days to ponder over the bit of a cliffhanger at the end of chapter 7.
So .... now chapter 8 has been posted. Enjoy! :wink:

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Vulsame is a slimy opportunist in my opinion :evil: On the other hand, there is something fishy about Myas's death.

My guess, according to the topic of the book, is, that Myas's body is dead but his soul or his mind has taken possession of Miss Lade's body. So it's really her that is "dead" in a way now. Myas's mind will go on doing his research in the young body of Miss Lade. That would be the reason why he would give his whole money to her, in fact, giving it to himself again. Would make him a mean criminal person though...but he wasn't the nicest person around anyway.

We'll see whether my guess is correct.

Chapter 8 PL ok

Sonia