Newbie alert! New member from Florida!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
JEBenavides

Post by JEBenavides »

Hello, it's a pleasure to meet everyone here! I'm very much new, as the subject suggests. Ha ha! Any tips and tricks will always be appreciated! Ciao Ciao!!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Welcome aboard.
The best tip is to read your welcome email, do your 1 minute test and read something short. Then you know a bit about it all and how you like to read and what you would like to know.

Anne
JEBenavides

Post by JEBenavides »

Thank you. It was a big help for me! I'm still tinkering with my recording for its "glorious" debut. :lol: :clap: Hopefully it's clear, which is my problem with it right now. :hmm: It's a lot of fun though!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Hi and welcome!

Sometimes it's better no to tinker too much... over-processing causes 'tinniness' (been there, done that :lol: )
Lynne
JEBenavides

Post by JEBenavides »

Hahaha. Thank you! I did just that.... :shock: now that I think about it, my one minute recording; does it also have to be an older book, poem ,or short story???? Can I do something like Emily Dickinson or J. R. R. Tolkien?? Any recommendations will help a bunch! I did one but it's of a modern story...... :hmm:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

JEBenavides wrote:Hahaha. Thank you! I did just that.... :shock: now that I think about it, my one minute recording; does it also have to be an older book, poem ,or short story???? Can I do something like Emily Dickinson or J. R. R. Tolkien?? Any recommendations will help a bunch! I did one but it's of a modern story...... :hmm:
We actually have a recommended text for the test. It's designed to show up the most common problems. You'll find it here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
JEBenavides

Post by JEBenavides »

Thanks a bunch!