COMPLETE[PLAY]The Cabinet Minister by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Ealswythe wrote: Trying to get anything out of that Kitty is like pulling teeth!
- Your sister Fan
Oh, I don't kinow, Sis. That crate of vintage champagne we liberated from the Drumdurris cellars on the way out went down smoothly enough.

I'm not sure what year it is. Hey, after six glasses, I'm not even sure what day it is!

Joe
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Can I try Mr. Melton please.
Cheers
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote:Can I try Mr. Melton please.
Cheers
of course you can :D yay, thanks, Craig !

I'll sign you up, as Todd is off the radar for the weekend.
I'm here to keep the Lebanons in check. By now they will have found out that I prepared a few of the good champagne bottles from Drumdurris' cellar with powerful laxatives - just in case they were tempted :twisted:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Eva ! you are such a martyr to society here. :cry: The poor thing pining for her papa and looking completely dishevelled. I can so picture her. Well done and no missing lines. Straight to PL ok.

Thanks !

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

By now they will have found out that I prepared a few of the good champagne bottles from Drumdurris' cellar with powerful laxatives - just in case they were tempted"

And in late-breaking news, the English cricket team pulled off a surprise victory over Scotland. Opinion is still divided over where they got the runs from.

Joe Lebanon
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:Joseph Lebanon, Act 4 completed: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_josephlebanon_4.mp3
Wherein Kitty gets her own back on Joe Lebanon, the man with all the subtlety of a gravy sandwich.
hahaha :thumbs: well said. Out of curiosity I quickly copied my few lines into our staring contest dialogue and it sounds really good :D

Just having heard how Miss Munkittrick is traumatized after being grabbed and tumbled by Lebanon I can only say, you are such a society-embarrassment, Jo. Tststs. :roll:

But: all your lines boisterously well performed, it's all there, nothing is wrong. So, Joe Lebanon brings this little endeavour to a close. PL ok. He may not have become rich, but I'm sure he became memorable.

Thanks Chris !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:And in late-breaking news, the English cricket team pulled off a surprise victory over Scotland. Opinion is still divided over where they got the runs from.
:shock: you SOLD them ! Really, nothing is too low for you

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Euphemia, act 3, with voice credit added, and "All" line inserted:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_euphemia_3.mp3

I also checked volume again using ReplayGain on a few individual sections. It did come out a little on the low side, but still within acceptable range.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote:Euphemia, act 3, with voice credit added, and "All" line inserted:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_euphemia_3.mp3
thank you ! yes all is in there now :) PL ok. Well done

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wonderful performance Craig :clap: with such efficient secretaries I always wonder why are THEY not the ministers instead of their more distracted bosses ?

And I see this time you gave us the entire voice credit :wink:

unfortunately you missed one sentence (sorry for always being the messenger of bad news). Mr Melton shows up one more time at the end of this Act:
[Mr. Melton enters.]
Mr. Melton. The carriages are here, Lady Twombley.
Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

won-der-ful !!! See Alan, this is again one of those roles where I wished they had many more lines. You play this outraged father to perfection (had much real life-practice with daughters rolling on dance-floors, maybe ? :mrgreen: ).

The Munkittrick, in all its righteous rage: PL ok (you should have given Lebanon a good kicking)

thanks !

Sonia
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Ealswythe wrote:Gaylustre here! https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_gaylustre_4.mp3
Duration 7:42
:D
haha and that's the last of Fanny G. :mrgreen: her mask is seriously slipping towards the end. I love the downward movement of your language into gutter level with "drat your mother" LOL although it is a bit loud to be said apparently "under your breath". But Fanny, like her brother, doesn't really do "subtle".

I can understand your disappointment at the end, you worked so hard and so hypocritically to mollycoddle Colin into becoming hubby number 3 (if I count correctly), it must be hard to lose against the mother. Well there is a lesson learnt: never aim for mamma's boys. (until mamma is dead)

The slap sounded quite real :shock: the things we do for Librivox. I remember I slapped my own face once to get a genuine slapping sound onto tape. It hurt quite a bit. But the effect was good. I would do it again :mrgreen:

Fanny G., née L.: PL ok

thanks Linda !

Sonia