Hello from England

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
jimsvox4

Post by jimsvox4 »

Hello to all!

I've recently joined and submitted my one minute test recording, and have received a favourable reply - thanks!

I have a number of years experience as a reader for Talking Newspapers for the Blind. I enjoy recording and editing audio at home, and have fairly good basic equipment for the purpose.

Audio book narration is a new area to me, and I should like to try short stories to begin with.

I have researched the short story section and have found some that are currently Open, which I should very much like to read, if they are still available.

Best wishes to all!
jimsvox4
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hey Jim it's me again :)

if you found a project with short stories you want to contribute to, the procedure is very easy. You reply in that specific project thread, by simply saying "I want to claim Section xy". If the Section is open in the Magic Window, please still check the last few posts in that thread. There may have been a previous claim for that open section you want to do. And if the Book Coordinator has not yet been in, the Magic Window will not have been updated yet. And it's first claimed, first served. So make sure there were no previous claims.

You will also be asked which Reader Name you want to go by, either your forum name or real name or other pseudonym. Better say that right in your first post, saves the BC from asking you once more. :mrgreen:

Good luck !

Sonia
jimsvox4

Post by jimsvox4 »

Hi Sonia

Gosh! You reply very quickly! Many thanks!

Yes, I've sent a post asking if I can claim a couple of sections, so I'll wait to hear back.

Raring to go!

Best wishes
Jim
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Sounds like you're well on your way. :) Welcome!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
jimsvox4

Post by jimsvox4 »

Hi TriciaG

Thanks for the welcome!

Looking forward to getting started :-)