COMPLETE[PLAY]The Cabinet Minister by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

harpinthecloset wrote:So, as I was recording this, I was wondering how we are to pronounce Twombley. Before I edit my files I figured I should ask so I can re-record if necessary. Is it Twom-blee or Toom-blee?
I for one say Twom, not Toom. And those I heard so far as well

:)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh, I would have said Toom. But, I just checked, and I don't say this name in any of my lines, so it doesn't matter. :)

However, while we're on the subject, I plan to give Imogen a long I and a short E. Thoughts?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote:However, while we're on the subject, I plan to give Imogen a long I and a short E. Thoughts?
I only ever heard it like that. "Im" like in "Kim" and "gen" like in "Jenny". (maybe still a bit shorter, more like an 'uh') Is that what you meant ? I say the name fairly often, so I hope I am calling my own child correctly LOL

Sonia
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

harpinthecloset wrote:So, as I was recording this, I was wondering how we are to pronounce Twombley. Before I edit my files I figured I should ask so I can re-record if necessary. Is it Twom-blee or Toom-blee?
Twóm-blee
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty wrote:
mightyfelix wrote:However, while we're on the subject, I plan to give Imogen a long I and a short E. Thoughts?
I only ever heard it like that. "Im" like in "Kim" and "gen" like in "Jenny". (maybe still a bit shorter, more like an 'uh') Is that what you meant ? I say the name fairly often, so I hope I am calling my own child correctly LOL

Sonia
Long I, as in Ice cream. I think I've heard it with a short I a little more often, but I have heard both. But I think the long I will fit the Southern Belle drawl I plan to use better. I hope to record this within the next week or so, and you can let me know what you think.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote:Long I, as in Ice cream. I think I've heard it with a short I a little more often, but I have heard both. But I think the long I will fit the Southern Belle drawl I plan to use better. I hope to record this within the next week or so, and you can let me know what you think.
anyway, you're free to call her that way. Different people sometimes have different ways of pronouncing a personal name, especially when they are good friends or family. It's a sort of insider name then :) The parents may well call her differently, it doesn't matter.

Sonia
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

Kitty! Oh dearest Kitty! Your good friend Fanny is here, with my wonderful brother Jo, at your service! :twisted:

Gaylustre Act 3 https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_gaylustre_3.mp3

Duration 5:11
(I doubt that you could take any more than that!)
:wink:
Last edited by Ealswythe on October 12th, 2017, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here is the final act for Kitty :)

I have a nice little show-down with Joe "Slime" Lebanon :twisted: and for some reason I again have to faint :roll: why do I keep fainting in comedies ? :hmm:

Oh and in the dialogue where she explains her stockbrokering to Drumdurris, there is a bit of George Tidd showing through when she coaxed the Dean into betting on Dandy Dick :mrgreen:

And don't worry Pa, your Kitty is quite on top of the situation. 8-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_kitty_4.mp3
Recording time: 8:04 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks Linda...looks like we crossposted.
Ealswythe wrote:Duration 5:11
(I doubt that you should take any more than that!)
:wink:
:? ok...I'll have something to eat before I tackle this. I may need the strength.

Stay tuned.

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

"why do I keep fainting in comedies ? :hmm: "

Could it be that your dressmaker is making the corsets one size too small so as to induce anoxia at needful times?

Joe Lebanon
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

Jo my dear, Kitty’s fainting is her feeble attempt to get away from us.....

- Your dear sister Fanny

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wonderful performance Linda :clap: seriously I had fun listening to this. And I absolutely had to burst out laughing when you shouted this final "Jo!" at the end. :lol: Dear Fanny is showing a bit her low upbringing in here, I dare say. The lustre is wearing off a bit and she is also struggling hard to remain gay (did everybody catch the pun :roll: I wouldn't want it to be lost)
Ealswythe wrote:Kitty! Oh dearest Kitty! Your good friend Fanny is here, with my wonderful brother Jo, at your service! :twisted:
I noticed just how much your "wonderful" brother Jo and you love each other when your own personal gain is at risk :roll:

btw, a thought: has nobody ever wondered how Fanny came about being a widow :hmm: ?

Only one PL note:

> at about 0:13: missing line: [To MACPHAIL, seizing his hand.] May your life be very, very blissful! (I quite understand you would be loath to say these lines :mrgreen: - I guess you'll be saying them with the needed hypocrisy.)

thanks

Sonia
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

Kitty wrote:wonderful performance Linda :clap: seriously I had fun listening to this. And I absolutely had to burst out laughing when you shouted this final "Jo!" at the end. :lol: Dear Fanny is showing a bit her low upbringing in here, I dare say. The lustre is wearing off a bit and she is also struggling hard to remain gay (did everybody catch the pun :roll: I wouldn't want it to be lost)
Ealswythe wrote:Kitty! Oh dearest Kitty! Your good friend Fanny is here, with my wonderful brother Jo, at your service! :twisted:
I noticed just how much your "wonderful" brother Jo and you love each other when your own personal gain is at risk :roll:

btw, a thought: has nobody ever wondered how Fanny came about being a widow :hmm: ?

Only one PL note:

> at about 0:13: missing line: [To MACPHAIL, seizing his hand.] May your life be very, very blissful! (I quite understand you would be loath to say these lines :mrgreen: - I guess you'll be saying them with the needed hypocrisy.)

thanks

Sonia
Oh Kitty, I bit my tongue, and I did manage to say that odious line... And do I detect a bit of a lashing at your remark about my widowhood? Why, I loved that husband of mine as much as I love my brother... :wink:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_gaylustre_3.mp3

Duration 5:22
:twisted:

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Ealswythe wrote:And do I detect a bit of a lashing at your remark about my widowhood? Why, I loved that husband of mine as much as I love my brother... :wink:
:roll: I rest my case...no more questions, your honour.

Thanks for the missing sentence :thumbs: PL ok now.

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

The first husband or the second husband, Kitty?

The first one died of mushroom poisoning.

The second died of a broken neck. (He wouldn't eat his mushrooms).

Joe Lebanon
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox