[COMPLETE]La-bas (Down There) by J-K Huysmans -lz

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
unreadpages

Post by unreadpages »

Newgatenovelist wrote:
unreadpages wrote:Here is Sect 19 (I think the worst is over now!)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lezer/labas_19_huysmans_128kb.mp3
23:42
Peter
This was fine (I'm not Catholic!) but you might want to add 'blasphemy' as a keyword, or make a note of it, or some such thing, prior to cataloguing. PL OK.
Erin
Thanks Erin,
I was intending to revise the synopsis with a sort of disclaimer included, and perhaps a "warning:blasphemy" or some such!
Actually I don't know how to add keywords subsequent to project setup. Any advice?
Cheers
Peter
unreadpages

Post by unreadpages »

Newgatenovelist wrote:Hi Peter,

Chapter 20 is PL OK.

If you have something lined up for your next solo and would like a DPL, I'll volunteer my services.
Erin
I have just posted a new proposal, for a series of lectures on psychoanalysis delivered in USA by Freud. It's my way of reading up on some Freud and doing LV at the same time.
Peter
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

The lectures will be educational for me, as well. I've posted in the project thread. In future, if you'd like me to DPL, just let me know and post when you launch to say there's a DPL lined up - it's not a problem.

Apparently the first post isn't automatically edited 'behind the scenes' when you update it subsequently. You can edit it as much as you like, but you have to post here (at the end of the thread) to let the MC know that you've changed the summary and/or would like to have XXX as keywords and/or needed to use a new or different text link. They can then update the official data so that the new info is reflected on the catalogue page when the project is released. Does that make sense? If it doesn't, please say so. I have more experience of this than I ought!
Erin
unreadpages

Post by unreadpages »

lezer

Post by lezer »

Newgatenovelist wrote:The lectures will be educational for me, as well. I've posted in the project thread. In future, if you'd like me to DPL, just let me know and post when you launch to say there's a DPL lined up - it's not a problem.

Apparently the first post isn't automatically edited 'behind the scenes' when you update it subsequently. You can edit it as much as you like, but you have to post here (at the end of the thread) to let the MC know that you've changed the summary and/or would like to have XXX as keywords and/or needed to use a new or different text link. They can then update the official data so that the new info is reflected on the catalogue page when the project is released. Does that make sense? If it doesn't, please say so. I have more experience of this than I ought!
Erin
Yes, please! I always forget to check the first post & compare it to what is in the database already. It's very helpful if you could post about it at the very end :) Thanks!
Anna
Newgatenovelist

Chapter 21 is PL OK.

I should clarify what I said yesterday - I'm happy to PL anything you read provided it's PD or CC. I know lots of people like doing commercial projects, but I've really struggled to work up enthusiasm for script prepping, coordinating or PLing them when I could be spending that same amount of time on something that will eventually be more widely available. Sorry about that - I know I'm being awkward and I should have stipulated that in my previous post.
unreadpages

Post by unreadpages »

Here is Sect 22
https://librivox.org/uploads/lezer/labas_22_huysmans_128kb.mp3
14:38
Peter
PS No worries about what you said re PL - I don't do any commercial work...
Newgatenovelist

Chapter 22 is PL OK.

I thought you might not do commercial projects but I realised after pressing 'submit' that perhaps that doesn't go without saying for many readers. On the subject of audiobooks with limited commercial appeal, a notice of Amours come out last month in the 'recent publications' section of an academic society's newsletter. That ought to entice at least a few more listeners.

A genuine question for Anna - should there be 'Chapter 1' and so on written in the 'title' column for each section? The chapters aren't titled as such.

Erin
lezer

Post by lezer »

Ah, I see this is all done - I'll go to work on my end of this.

Re: title field: yes, I see the Gutenberg text has only chapter numbers, so let's put in something like that. I can do that.
Anna
lezer

Post by lezer »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/la-bas-by-joris-karl-huysmans/

Congratulations, Peter! And thank you for your efforts, Erin!

Let me know if you spot any mistakes or things you'd like different on the catalog page or archive page.
Anna
unreadpages

Post by unreadpages »

Many thanks Erin, and Anna!
Will think about doing the other Durtal books down the track - I'm curious to see how it all works out for him...
Cheers,
Peter
Newgatenovelist

I'm late saying this, but congrats! It's a job well done with rather difficult material.
Erin
unreadpages

Post by unreadpages »

Absolutely LOVE the cover, btw!
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

I'm very glad to hear it! I always appreciate getting feedback on my covers.
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms