App Download problem.

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
banjaxed

Post by banjaxed »

Not sure if this is the right section so please correct me if it is in the wrong place.
I downloaded a book to read while travelling on holiday and all was fine for about
5 chapters. On another part of the journey I tried to read chapter 6 but the message
"not connected to wifi" appeared and I was unable to continue reading. Any assistance
would be greatly appreciated.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Are you sure you downloaded the book and didn't just stream it?

From the message "no wifi" it would seem that you are only streaming the book - which of course won't work without internet access...
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
banjaxed

Post by banjaxed »

Hi Ava,

Thank you for your reply, I think what happened is that I somehow stopped the download
without realising as the first 5 chapters were ok. I have downloaded again and it is fine :)

Regards,

Maurice.
banjaxed

Post by banjaxed »

Further to my post yesterday I decided to turn off the wifi and try to read the book off line
but it came up with the message "unable to load book: not connected to the internet"
The peculiar thing is that I downloaded another book which I can read without wifi.
I am using a Samsung Galaxy android tablet and do not have any problems like this
on any other sites so it makes me think I am missing something. Once again any
assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Maurice.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

How are you listening to the books?

- If you're using an app, then please contact the app developer. We don't own, develop, endorse, or support any of the available apps.

- If you're using the website, please give detail about how you're downloading the files. This wiki page might help: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/How_To_Get_LibriVox_Audio_Files
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
banjaxed

Post by banjaxed »

Hi,

I am selecting a book and then tapping on download which then proceeds to download the book after which it appears in the
downloaded section of the library. The unusual thing is that some books will play without internet connection and others will
not. The Listen Audio book reader come recommended but as I am not an expert in these matters it is a mystery to me as to
how I transfer the book from Librivox to Listen Audio. :?
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Tapping on the download will save a zipped file of the 64kb .mp3 files for the entire book to your computer/device. To listen to them you have to unzip them into the Audiobook Folder so that the Listen Audiobook Player can find them.

According to the information on the Google Play page for this app it will also support .m4b format which would not require you to unzip.

If you are still experiencing problems, please contact the app developer support@acme-android.com

David O
banjaxed

Post by banjaxed »

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply. By coincidence I was discussing my problem with a friend who is very familiar
with my problem and is willing to come and sort it out for me :)

Regards,

Maurice.
Nekki

Post by Nekki »

dlolso21 wrote: October 10th, 2017, 7:25 am Tapping on the download will save a zipped file of the 64kb .mp3 files for the entire book to your computer/device. To listen to them you have to unzip them into the Audiobook Folder so that the Listen Audiobook Player can find them.
GBWhatsApp APK
According to the information on the Google Play page for this app it will also support .m4b format which would not require you to unzip.
It also says that the files must be DRM free. Are all the books DRM-free here?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

It also says that the files must be DRM free. Are all the books DRM-free here?
Yes, all LibriVox books are DRM-free. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart