[COMPLETE] The Works Of Robert G. Ingersoll, Vol 10 - LEGAL -pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Jim's in for 5! Thanks. Enjoy yourself.
Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Chapter 3 Sections 12, 13 & 14 uploaded with changes requested...sorry for the errors and the time it has taken to fix them.
Teddy

"Under all discouragements, he pursues his object, and yields to nothing but impossibilities." - Rights of Man, by Thomas Paine (1737 - 1809)
msfry

Post by msfry »

12, 13 and 14 are all PL OK! Great edits, Sir Teddy, and good job all around! Thanks for joining the project.

Now like I said before:
Boo Hoo!
You've been gone so long, it's been such fun, I hate to see you go.
Last edited by msfry on October 6th, 2017, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roger

Post by Roger »

-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Roger. Something to look forward to tomorrow!
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Michele, I never found the section I was supposed to read and looked some time for it. I haven't done this before, but I believe I would like to renege on my sections. And I realize too that I am not interested in the material. I mainly wanted to help out, But not so much. Sorry, Jim
msfry

Post by msfry »

No problem, Jim. Legal stuff, and Ingersoll's style, isn't for everybody, and your LV schedule is already s overy full. I am sure I will see you around the LV playground. :D

Thanks so much for your help with my sections.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks for understanding. Yes, Always ask because most of the time I can and will help. Yours, Jim
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 5

Roger, I made a mistake citing where to cut this section off. Would you mind adding the next paragraph as follows, which occurs before "Now I have gone through every route with the payments."

"Route 38113, Rawlins to White River. The charge is that John W. Dorsey and Rerdell presented a false account for the third quarter of 1879 for two thousand nine hundred and seventy-five dollars. The order set out in the indictment was made March 8, 1881, consequently the variance is absolutely fatal, and there is no allegation in the indictment that the expedition was fraudulent."

You've done a great job here with some rather unexciting material. Still, I marvel that Ingersoll can untangle all this mess, and I begin to feel sorry for the jury having to stay awake (and focused) during his recitation of all these variances. He should have jugglers and clowns brought in, or a mime, or at least a chalkboard with someone writing down the figures and adding, subtracting, etc! A Powerpoint presentation would have come in handy. That said, I doubt many listeners will notices the * errors below, but I mention them in case you wish to correct them.

3:10* Whenever the Post Office Department dispenses with, I hear disburses with
14:07* belonged under this apportionment, I hear appointment
19:02 but if the pleader does state the amount of that false claim he is bound by that statement., I hear "does not state", should delete not.
19:53 Peck, here pronounced Peek, everywhere else Peck.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Bill. I look forward to listening! :D
Roger

Post by Roger »

Section 05 has been patched up, and re-uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/rgingersollvol10legal_05_ingersoll_128kb.mp3

All of the changes requested have been made (I hope), including the added bit at the end.

New time: 42:47
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 5 is PL OK. Great job, Roger, and thanks for adding that bit in at the end. :D
Roger

Post by Roger »

Great, thank you. I'm glad it came out satisfactorily.
It took me a while to locate the first piece to fix. (It was at 4:08, rather than 3:10)

I'll take a breather from this for the time being. If nobody claims the following sections in this trial, I may pop back in and drone on some more.
It is dry reading, lots of legal (but interesting) arguments, which I actually find kind of fascinating, but I love Ingersoll, and I do like legal cases. Not dated at all, really.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Roger wrote:Great, thank you. I'm glad it came out satisfactorily.
It took me a while to locate the first piece to fix. (It was at 4:08, rather than 3:10)

I'll take a breather from this for the time being. If nobody claims the following sections in this trial, I may pop back in and drone on some more.
It is dry reading, lots of legal (but interesting) arguments, which I actually find kind of fascinating, but I love Ingersoll, and I do like legal cases. Not dated at all, really.
Yes, I saw that. First thing when your correction wasn't at 3:10, I began combing a minute earlier then a minute later. It's so easy to hit the wrong key. :(

So glad you joined the project. I suspect we will be here awhile, so do check back later. It is the first and only "dry" Ingersoll I've ever encountered, but it does have some classic moments well worth preserving. :D